RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualifying: 10th. A worthwhile achievement for me, since I had a couple of British loudmouths blabbering on in my ears... :p

Race 1: Got through the first lap relatively unscathed. I was caught up in a small incident at T1, leaving me around 14th, but after that I settled into a groove and as the laps went by I picked people off until I was in 7th. I spent the latter half of the race staring at the rear of Marty's SEAT. I just couldn't catch up no matter how hard I drove, and Dragos was simply untouchable. I ended up finishing 9th, only just missing out on pole for Race 2.

Race 2: Not much to say, really. I got through T1 perfectly fine, being able to avoid the few incidents going on around me. I was about to swing it through the S-bends when someone smashed me from behind. I was sent careering into a fence nearby a Marshal's post, and when I got my wits together I noticed the comical sight of William stuck on the wrong side of the fence. Now with both my bumpers missing, I tried limping back to the pits. However I stuffed up the pitting procedure and couldn't be bothered going back out again, so I retired.

Congratulations to Brandon for the race 2 win, and thanks to Keith, Abdul, Adam and others for the fun I had during the Mini public server raid afterwards. See you guys next week... :D

I finished :first: so nope :wink: :lol:

Oh well done then mate on a well deserved victory around a hugely challenging track. It takes immense concentration and no shortage of skill and bravery to complete a lap here. To win here proves your mettle and confirms what a high calibre of driver you are. Hat's off to you Sir :wink2:

I thought that statement by that young scalywag Thorpoid sounded suspect.

Wow, we're almost there - just a few hours away!

You won't believe what happened to me yesterday. Last night, I was playing some Left 4 Dead, and suddenly my computer shut off. The screen went black, and all the lights on the case went out. Nothing. :freaked-out:

So, I powered it up again and everything seemed fine. However, as soon as I started any game using 3D graphics, the computer would either freeze with a random video noise pattern, or it would shut off. This was late Thursday night.

Well, I had to work all day Friday, so as soon as I finished work I tried it with GTR Evo, and of course, it wouldn't even run - as soon as the game started, the computer died and I'd have to restart it again.

Long story short, I just spent the evening putting in my old GeForce 7800 GT video card and turning down all the game settings I could find. I then spent about 4 hours testing and running offline and online races to make sure the thing would run smoothly enough and would not crash. So far so good! My race might have Pac-Man graphics today, but at least I'll be able to make the race! It sure it tough to get used to a different look though. I will have to get a new video card after this race.

To top all that off, My internet connection wasn't working today. I could access some web sites, but not others. Luckily, my company has 4 VPN numbers for me to use when I work from home. The only one that worked for me today was the European access node - I was unable to connect to the Asian, and two North American nodes. Fortunately, as I write this, it seems that normal service has been restored! I sure hope nothing happens to my connection in the morning!

What a day! All this happens the day before the big race! It's a good thing I had my old video card around, or I'd have been stuck buying something at the local store that wasn't what I would really want anyway. Geez.

At least I have an excuse for not winning now. lol :victory:

I was just implying that there were alot of German flags about that was all :D

Believe it were East-german flags David :lol:

What a great track choice Andrew, this one is up there with the Nordschleife in my book :good:
Had some practice earlier this week so quali went ok, ended up on a 5th place. The start was pretty clean, except for Gary bumping into me from behind a few times, causing me to take a small part of the grass :giggle:, lol NP Gary was just glad I didnt loose it ...Did make a great somersault in lap 2 but I landed on my wheels and could go on without any damage...
After that had quite a good race, passed Gary a few times in the final sector of the track just to see him pass me again in the 1st sector of the next lap. This went on until I made my stop, I came out 45 secs behind on Gary but by the end of the lap was only 10 secs left anf he had to pit so I passed him again. Had a 55 seconds lead after that and I didn't give that up. Thought I was going to finish 3rd because Nigel was 1 minute in front of me and Adam another minute in front of that but then Adam met a wall he liked and went off with it giving me my very first ""Mini"-podium and a 2nd place :woot2: (let's not tell anybody only 5 people finished ok)
This leaves me with my only small point of dissapointment, there were 23 or 24 when we started I think and when we finished, all 5 of us....., there were only 14 people left i think... dont want to nag but I do think there are way too little people actually finishing the race or at least hanging on untill the end......enough of that.

Congrats to Nigel for an excellent win and big thnx to Andrew for introducing me(us) to this wonderfull track..

Realy enjoyed last nights race, it was my first time racing on a RD server, Me and buxton both had punctures on the first lap (It was funny watching buxton rideing all the barriers an banks hehe) but at lease i managed to get in to the pit while buxton missed it by about 6 miles and had to reverse to pit lol i ended my race on the 6th lap went i taped a wall and wrecked me car GUTTED. defenalty be signin up for the next event.

I just want to say unlucky adam and congratulations nigel.

Stick me on the Cinderella list for this would ya big man ... am out this evening but am hoping to be back in time to join yas for this.

A link to the track download so I can have a quick gander this avo would be sweet, but no worries if not.

@ Benno ... is there a GT car you do actually like except the Spyker? :rolleyes: :p

Great races!!!! Very fun!!!!

Quali: 15th
Haha, not so good. 2 mistakes costed me .5 secs or so.

Race1: 14th out of fuel
Well, race 1 was fun. I went very carefully into T1 and got in no accidents, but went down to last place (20th). :D
Afetr that was just climbing and climbing... One off the track here, another bumping someone there and I was 10th after a couple of laps. Stayed there and started following the 9th and get followed by the 11th. It was all ust fine, but 2 laps to go my car started to have those lacks of power. I looked at the fuel and I had only .5L, hahaha. Went to the pits AGAIN just to put some fuel to finish, but I did the dumbest thing. Changed the tyres again, but fuel was added. :) I could swear I changed the fuel in the pit settings, but the MotecAdd drivers list was in front of it, so I cannot be sure. But anyay, I got out of the pits and parked right after. Finished 14th.

Race2: 3rd yayyyy
Well, it was an interesting race. I started 14th and after a clean 1st turn, with all that almost usual mess, I was 8th already. Started to follow the guys, but before the 2nd lap I climbed 1 or 2 more positions and then another position. I was 5th and stayed there for a while. Increasing the gap to the 6th and losing little ground to the 4th. BUT, the pits came. I waited to pit in lap 20. For my surprise, I was not that far from the 1st place at the moment Brandon. I got the 1st place 11 secs in front of Brandon. When I go to the pits I had another surprise. I only falled to 4th, not 5th place, like before. Well, that's great!!!! :D I started to follow Yves, right in front of me, but another surprise!!!! Yves entered the pits!!! YAYYYYY!!!! 3rd!!!!!!
Well, I mantained the 3rd place through the end, mantaining the 17sec gap to Yves in 4th and decreasing little by little the gap to 2nd place Keith, as he and Brandon were fighting up in front...
Very happy with the 3rd place!!!!

Thx a lot to Yves for the setup. It worked very well for the, thx a lot, Yves.

Thx to Keith for trying to mantain always organized events in the US times, inviting people and putting together the skins.

And thx a lot to Eric and RD for this event. The effort you put into these events are out of this world, Eric. Thx a lot!!!

Cya next friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play