Sato to return in F1 with Torro Rosso?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Takuma Sato’s hopes of returning to the Formula One grid appear very much alive after his management revealed that he has been asked to test for a third time with Toro Rosso next week.

With neither of their 2009 race seats confirmed, the Italian team will put the Japanese driver through his paces again in Spain as they continue to ponder their line-up for next season.

“Takuma has been recalled by Scuderia Toro Rosso to test at Jerez, Spain, on 10/11 December,” a brief statement read. “We obviously see this as a positive step but still nothing is decided for the 2009 racing season.”

Read more at F1.com

I hope he makes a return. Not the best driver in the world, but I thought he was a lovable and exciting character in the pit lane. Ballsy too as he showed in canada with Super Aguri.

• Simon Benham

Man I hope Taku makes a comeback, he's my favourite driver from recent years easily. I know there's plenty of people who dislike the guy, but I love his personality and steadfast determination. He showed a more mature form of driving lately aswell, something I would dearly like to see continued and improved upon should he be given the chance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back