Samsung 43" 32:10 SUPER Ultra-Wide Curved Monitor

Mr Latte

Premium
What is it...

A 2018 smaller version of Samsung 49" Curved Super Ultra Wide Monitor that appeared in 2017.

This variant has dropped HDR with some other spec differences. It offers 120Hz with 1200p rather than 1080p vertical res going from 32:9 - 32:10. Note that Samsung also sell this in a 49" 32:9 version LC49J889ODKUXEN.

Samsung are to produce a new HDR gaming focused 49" model based on 1440p 32:9 but it may not arrive till late 2018 or 2019. As yet no price has been announced or the model yet shown.

Product Page

How much UK (currently £600) USA (currently $899)

Last edited:
In my short time with my 49 incher I would say I wouldn't want to go any shorter in length. I'm just getting all of a side view mirror and the whole windshield when in a road car. Coming from a triple screen set up where I could see both side view mirrors this is an acceptable reduction in fov for me. That being said, personally, I wouldn't want to lose any more horizontal screen real estate.

In my short time with my 49 incher I would say I wouldn't want to go any shorter in length. I'm just getting all of a side view mirror and the whole windshield when in a road car. Coming from a triple screen set up where I could see both side view mirrors this is an acceptable reduction in fov for me. That being said, personally, I wouldn't want to lose any more horizontal screen real estate.

How far is the monitor from the wheel and then your head?

I´m very interested in this 43" monitor because I have limited width ~ +1m.
The 49" ultra has 1,2m width - that´s too much.

Any experiences here with this monitor on sim racing/iRacing? (coming from VR)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back