F1 2011 Safety Car confirmed in F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
...confirmed as in the game: https://twitter.com/#!/AndyGray_/status/103731022184714241

It also confirmed by Steve Hood immediately after (https://twitter.com/#!/T4RG4/status/103731250317111296)

I've always felt that F1 2010 had it's issues due to being a little rushed before release, mainly due to some of the odd performance issues (even on console), so I'm hoping that this hasn't caused any rushes that will allow more of those annoying bugs in.

I'm actually quite optimistic though. The engine was used in Dirt 3, so it's not been hammered together to work weather in, and there are new suspension, pit-lane and penalty systems. Oh, and supposedly improved AI. That at least ticks most of the boxes of issues from F1 2010.

Here's some details about the safety car feature in the game for you:

- Yes you have control behind the SC but there'll be some restrictions. More details once everything is concrete.

- Safety Car is available in races 20% or over

- Can be turned off if you don't want it.

- No you cannot drive it

- It is available online

- You keep the same camera when the SC is out.

Ian 'Helios' Webster
Codemasters Community Manager

ah Safety car....something else for Lewis to crash into.

Yaya! safety car finally ! this is a big middle finger to all those that thought this is just an "arcade" or that "it will never have a SC".

Thanks codemasters. I Just wish they had Liverpool studios "F1 Championship Edition" guys help Codies out a bit. especially on the Live commentary and what not. maybe a bit more sim...but as long as the slipstream works which i doubt im still a happy guy.

Unbelievable that this is the most requested feature lol. Give it 3 days after release and everybody starts crying that the SC is so annoying and comes out after every crash.
Nice 1. I wanted this. I can't stand being behind the SC in rFactor
emoticon-0174-bandit.gif

...i dont see rFactor... have one
erm yes it did have 1
fou14.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back