EU S397 GTE @ Watkins Glen - Fri 21 Dec 2018

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Denis Betty, Dec 15, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 21-12-18
  1. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Race Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,267
    Thanks to all the drivers :thumbsup: I had a lot of fun ..I kept meeting somebody, but I forget his name (sorry) The last four laps or so was a bit scary on soft's, but thanks to the FFB I remained on the black stuff :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums ..terrific speed gents :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    Sorry... :( I know too well that with every person leaving the race, others are losing an opponent and their race gets a bit more boring, but...yeah... Though I ended up some 25 seconds behind you so the chance of of one of us catching up to the other again was pretty slim.

3. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +697
    I believe that someone would be me :sneaky:
    No worries, my name ain't easy to remember :laugh:

Sadly had a lack-luster event. I use these events to test setups on the car for the team I drive with and the setup used last night was not good, what so ever, on this circuit. Will need more work on that...

But had fun for the few short moments I had fights, would have loved to have a few more but the combo of me and the setup didn't allow for that. Sorry to everyone who got scares as I went out of control a few times (and for the rattling, P2T doesn't work with Steam games, hence that being a thing...) :unsure:

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    What do you mean?

5. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +697
    Push To Talk, I believe that the Steam Overlay is causing to fail.

I know other game software overlays cause similar issues.

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    @Jonatan Åcerclinth Well, I obviously don't know about your specific case, but generally...I don't think so, I don't think that should happen. I am certainly using multiple overlays and don't have any issues with PTT in TS. In fact I haven't even heard about such problems before, hence my surprised response.

7. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +697
    I've had it with every Game-Buying software myself :/

For some reason the Steam and other softwares overlays kills all my shortkey's to other applications, most notably TS.

8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    Do the shortcuts not even work, or they do (so you can for example map that shortcut in TS for push to talk), but then you can't be heard when you talk? If they do work, does your TS light light up when you press the shortcut?) What shortcut are you using, a wheel button? Are you using the Big Picture mode in Steam? Any specifics about the OS and/or how you run the games? Are you sick of my questions yet? ;)

9. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +687
    Try launching Teamspeak in admin mode.

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    Shouldn't be necessary, though, unless Steam or the games are running as administrator as well, which isn't advisable anyway.

11. Jonatan Åcerclinth

Jonatan Åcerclinth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +697
    Could admining cause those kind of issues? :O

The shortcuts works fine in, for example, rFactor run in admin mode which I've got outside of Steam.

A keyboard button. Got all the buttons of my wheel and gear thingy mapped to in-game stuff that I need when driving in rF2...

Default picture mode, whatever that is...

Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

12. Enoneado

Enoneado
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    No more races this week?

13. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,581
    We decided not to race this week, sorry. In the past, the period between Christmas and New Year has been difficult - many people are with family etc. But this year, events in other sims are fairly busy.
    Oh well,we're working on something for next Friday. I hope to have something posted by tomorrow evening. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Enoneado

Enoneado
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    nice, because i'm thinking to buy the winter bundle pack of the RF2 and i want to start with it.

15. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,581
    The Winter Pack does not contain the latest cars. The plan is to post some events with the newest cars - that'll be the cars from the GT3 Challengers Pack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Enoneado

Enoneado
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    Ok, if you do events with new cars i'll buy the GT3 challenger pack.

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.