rF2 S397 GT3 @ Bahrain - Fri 18 Mar 2022 *March Cup rd. 3/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Setup just needs to be the same as what you had for Barber with less rear wing and softer rear ARB.

The track has a lot of hairpins you brake at the same point for, and it's only the two sections of high-speed corners in a row that will take some proper learning. You'll be on the pace around here in only about 4 laps. Don't worry about it, just come along and join in anyway.
Mmmm, maybe... Ok, sign me, and will see what happen:laugh:

Are we going to be racing in day or night? The server seemed to be flicking between both on sessions yesterday.

Huh. I know it is closer to the equator than most other tracks we've raced on. But I've changed the practice time back to normal again, so practice and qual should start 14:30 in-game time. That shouldn't be dark.
The time is set at 2x pace, and with a 165 min practice session, with means it will go 330 min in-game time. So the practice session will end around 20:00, it is probably a bit dark by then, I can move praccy time even earlier for future events to avoid this.

Qual and Racing is during day! :)

Oh no, this week I've a free friday night and I planned to do this race, so I've spent a couple of hours doing practice. But now you changed the track, and I don't have any more time to practice before tonight. So, I don't think I'll join you :(...
Maybe, if I find a way to came back to home earlier...

Oh trust me, I wanted to race at Barber. I absolutely love that track. We (as in... I forced @Roy Magnes ) even tested the Barber 2015 that is on Steam (same creator as the track we were supposed to use). However, that one starts out with a wet track regardless of weather settings.
It is supposed to fix itself if the server uses "User:AutoSave". Which we do (as it then loads the last saved track conditions when the session changes, server reloads etc.), however - to be honest, with just 24 hours until the race, and me just functioning at 40% due to Covid, I didn't want to gamble on something that "should work".

I really hope the Barber-creator gets his 2022 update done soon-ish, and get's it out on Steam. I very much want to race on the track again!

Also, sorry to @Jasje who were looking forward to a new track for him :( We'll return sometime in the future. I promise! :)

Huh. I know it is closer to the equator than most other tracks we've raced on. But I've changed the practice time back to normal again, so practice and qual should start 14:30 in-game time. That shouldn't be dark.
The time is set at 2x pace, and with a 165 min practice session, with means it will go 330 min in-game time. So the practice session will end around 20:00, it is probably a bit dark by then, I can move praccy time even earlier for future events to avoid this.

Qual and Racing is during day! :)
When I jumped on last night it was the end of practice and was full darkness. The server then flicked to quali and race which were day. When I restarted practice it was day too, so that's why I asked :thumbsup:

When I jumped on last night it was the end of practice and was full darkness. The server then flicked to quali and race which were day. When I restarted practice it was day too, so that's why I asked :thumbsup:

I will (try to remember to) fix when I set up the server for next week. It needs to be changed in a .json file, and not in the server interface, so it actually takes some brain power to remember, and people probably know by now that brain power have never been my strength :cautious:

but i think the steam mod from mcnolo is a better bahrain unfortunately..:unsure:
did you tried it out Ole?

I went with the newest to be honest. This was a Plan C. I cannot remember why I didn't use the McNolo one earlier either...
Then again, at the moment I don't remember 50% of what I am doing.

Just realized that I started a job-mail yesterday with "Tjohoy!"... Talk about professional. I'll keep blaming Covid!

Aaand results and standings after Sebring last week are up.

1647633069669.png

All-time stats is in it's usual spot!

Enjoy it while you can @Herlev :D:D

Impossible to race for me, i think my system can't handle it anymore, or maybe is the track too heavy, i don't know. Usually I play at medium settings, but this time I had to set everything to low, and even with that, it was smooth only in practice, in race I had stutter everywhere:unsure:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 464 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.2%
Back