rF2 S397 Endurance @ Vallelunga - Fri 06 Jan 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
IIRC, @Michael Rudolf mentioned having to use Race-Lean/Race for a while if trying to get the Ferrari to the end. The other cars can run Qual-setting.

Should check tyres as well. Mediums didn't last a race at Mosport before Christmas!
I'll do some testing later, looks like a much slower track with less full throttle sections so Ferrari might be fine with Quali for the most part as well (as it was in Buriram). I'll post my results here.

Just did some testing. The Ferrari should be safe with fuel even if you go quali mixture all race (calculated about 33 + 2 extra laps with 2.3 liters per lap). Not sure tyre wise yet, hards is the safe option, the mediums could be possible but need a lot of extra care on turning in, might kill you towards the end and the pace advantage does not seem worth it.

The Ferrari also has a bit of a tendency to loose the rear in very slow corners towards the exit which you have a lot here. If you struggle with that it might be worth checking the other cars out, the C8 is pretty stable and has a decent default setup.

I also found that Curva Grande and Esse do have some weird track limits, you may get cut warnings although you're pretty much in the middle of the track, a bit weird.

The C8 was one of the first cars I used in this sim, so I'll have go with that to compare. I've had a number of loose rear moments in the Ferrari, particularly in the very tight section. I'll try the different tyres as well, the softs won't last ;)

I also found the strange track limit at the Esse corner. I don't even go to the kerb, and the game indicates, but luckily doesn't delete the lap time

@Michael Rudolf ,@groy1980
I think the track limit warning showing up in the Esse chicane , is coming from going too wide on the grass in the left 180 degree turn just before the Esse.
No I took a weird line learning the track which triggered it.
I made a video trying to reproduce it.
Couldn't trigger a invalid lap in Esse but it shows about where it happens. While it's not a problem when you stay on the line it might get annoying when lapping / passing cars. Especially in Curva Grande this might be a line the prototypes would use to overtake GTEs.

@Ole Marius Myrvold maybe we can turn them off for this race, the limits are very generous otherwise and I don't see any corner you can actually gain anything cutting here?

Hi ole. Generally I would join the race today but I was working all day long from 5:30am till 5pm and I'm pretty tired for the race. Could you sign me in with a question marker. If I can find some sleep before race I would love to hop in
GTE please

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back