rF2 S397 Endurance @ Suzuka - Fri 09 Apr 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That seems to suggest an incorrect version of one or more required components is installed, which is in turn preventing the server package from being installed.

I would suggest sharing the package file so that it can be used to help determine the cause of the problem by attempting to install it manually.

With the old UI and launcher this issue would be fairly easy to diagnose; when trying to manually install the package through the 'Content Manager' any required components that are "missing" can be identified by hovering over the package with the mouse cursor.

If the new UI is being used then there may be some way of seeing, from within the game, which components are missing when trying to manually install the package,

Oh! It is here!
New UI - Main Meny - Content - Packages
You get the message of what you are missing when trying to install it from here! AFAIK the rfmod should be here so it is possible to check.
1617796226521.png

We should get this info to Studio 397. I think it's not really acceptable that we have this kind of issues with a sim in 2021, especially not in the new UI which was supposed to fix all these kinds of errors.

@Yves Larose @Peter Nemeth do you use the new UI or the old?

Oh! It is here!
New UI - Main Meny - Content - Packages
You get the message of what you are missing when trying to install it from here! AFAIK the rfmod should be here so it is possible to check.
View attachment 462313
Yup, that looks like it'll do it! :thumbsup: And if you try to manually install the package from here then, as you have said, anything that is preventing it from being installed successfully should be indicated. ( @Peter Nemeth )

Last edited:
Now I can't join anymore, it seems some updates are missing though steam does not show anything. Any ideas?
It could be that you have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to those few cars in Steam to get it to download the newest version. The version numbers for the ones that does not work in your list there is the newest version of those cars from what I can see.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.