rF2 S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 06 May 2022 *Magic May 1/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
GTE , please

Nu Jävlar!
(Kinda not possible to translate. Think of it as a kind of "Now we're talking, let's go!".
Or according to this "Rock and roll" https://en.bab.la/dictionary/swedish-english/nu-jävlar

sign me, in GTE

Oorah! :)

Prototype please :)

Yessir! :D Nice to see you here again!

sorry for the late reaction..was'nt sure if i could make it. in with gte please!?

It not late as long as the green flag hasn't been waived! ;D Of course you can join! :)

Just before the half waypoint crewchief notified me that my right front tire was heavily damaged and didn't say anything about the rest, so I thought it would be smart to only change the front since that would cost less time I thought. I didn't account for the fronts being cold while the rears being on temp, so I lost it a couple of times because that was awful to drive and by the time they where up to temp, they where also damaged quite a lot because of the spins. It was fun to drive with everyone tho!:)

TLDR my strat was ass:D

Thanks for the race tonight guys.
Pace wasn't there, but no surprise with almost no rFactor in more than a month and no practice. The car felt unstable and I shouldn't have tried to push. Spun twice in the fast left hander :(.

I won't be able to attend next week :(.

Had a nice, clean race. When I got a sense that P3 was a possible I decided to not change tyres and cruised to the finish.

I did not have time to practice this week and the default setup was clearly not the fastest choice . Managed to get the quickest 2nd sector in qualify, only to loose a second in both the 1st and 3th sectors which are basically 4 corners and a whole lotta straight . Way too much downforce.... Good fun nonetheless.

As always a thank you to @Ole Marius Myrvold for organizing the event.

Wow, what a race. I made the mistake in thinking the Oreca would be the car of choice, but clearly it wasnt. It had great top speed to defend against Marc on the straights, but once he spun out (I remember thinking 'I know why you want to bumper me up through Eau Rouge but that is really gonna f*ck up your aero'), it was a different story with Jonas. He had the top speed so my only weapon was nullified. Thankfully he got a DT which I know I contributed to by drifting my way through Eau Rouge causing him to avoid and getting a cut I think. Sorry Jonas, my car was horrible(!) through any part of the track with a car right behind, but nearly impossible through Eau Rouge.
After the stop I spun at Les Combes because I forgot about cold brakes (setup error, too little tape) which allowed Lars to close right up. Thankfully I had just enough pace to hold him back.
Note to self; never choose that car again, every braking zone and throttle lift is an adventure just waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Yeah... I thought it was dealt with, but apparently not. All in all, I still came in second, which after L1 wouldn't have been in my wildest dreams.

I also thought that was fixed. Then again, the times I spun was when I was alone, not with others :p
It is better than it was before they patched the cars but you can still not follow too close (like about half a second or less). An LMP2 passing during practice right before that corner reminded of that. Also nearly lost it just before I passed Luca back, had to open up the steering and take the cut but at least I avoided a spin. Really hope they fix this, it makes the track a big gamble, especially since it's the number one overtaking spot so getting into a good close position is so important.

I got a drive through due to some questionable track limit,
Track limits are (still) very strict on this one. I felt it's easier with the prototypes, the GTEs drift or understeer a bit more which makes it so easy to get cuts. Got my second one with 15 minutes to go and put everyting on avoiding the DT.
I read once that the speed going off track has more weight in the calculation than returning to the track so you have to slow down quite a lot to avoid a warning.

Took me long enough this time...
Remember, if you click "races" you can see all kinds of stats from the races! https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/magic_may.html

1652277489598.png

All time stats: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/all_time_stats.html (Note "titles" are not entirely correct, as it takes the leader of the "Awesome April" as the winner of a "title" as well!)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%