rF2 S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 06 May 2022 *Magic May 1/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
They're two different classes in-game, but I do believe they're meant to deliver roughly the same times. They're very different in character and will excel at different tracks, however, one major disadvantage to the DPI is that it dosent feature a Le Mans specific aero package.

Last edited:
By the way, are the LMP2s and the DPI (in non-hypercar spec) supposed to be BoPed and run the same laptimes?

They're two different classes in-game, but I do believe they're meant to deliver roughly the same times. They're very different in character and will excel at different tracks, however, one major disadvantage to the DPI is that it dosent feature a Le Mans specific aero package.

They are supposed to be somewhat matched in the game yes, but the Caddy has been more and more popular in the club here, and I don't know it that's because it is genuinely faster, or just easier to drive.

They are supposed to be somewhat matched in the game yes, but the Caddy has been more and more popular in the club here, and I don't know it that's because it is genuinely faster, or just easier to drive.
I chose the Caddy for Daytona, made a really good setup and livery and therefore just kept it and adjusted they setup for all other circuits, rather than starting again with an LMP2.

I'd say that the caddy has a bit more speed than the other P2 (specially the Ligier, I was getting smoked on straights), but is harder on the brakes and corners.

Out of the 3 available, my preference goes towards the Ligier.

I wish we could throw LMP3s in the mix at some point :D.

If we ever get back to around 30 regulars, I'm happy to throw in a third class. LMP1/H(ByKolles, Acura etc) or LMP3. Maybe even a 24hr series/VLN Style GT3, GT4, Touring Car mix :)
Both would be great, but i doubt that the entry numbers will rise.
Not sure why, but it seems that online racing just for the joy of simracing gets outdated.

Both would be great, but i doubt that the entry numbers will rise.
Not sure why, but it seems that online racing just for the joy of simracing gets outdated.

Ye, everyone wants to earn money, get views on their channels, win prizes. Racing because racing is fun isn't as popular as it once was.
Then again, while esports has become bigger. I am not sure all the new simracing places that have popped up the last two years will survive a "normal" year so to speak. That can bring people back here :)

And spring is slowly turning into summer, that's not helping with getting bigger grids either.
I must say I rather like the atmosphere around the racing club here, everybody is laid back and just having fun. Making it a good experience and worthwile spending the available 'sim-time' at RD. I've no interest in open lobbies or hardcore leagues anymore since I started attending events here.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%