rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Mid-Ohio - Fri 20 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Looked through the log for the race to check some lap and sector-times.

We had multiclass-racing (granted, with 3-4 drivers less than normal), on a very tight, twisty, short Mid-Ohio. We had GT's in 2-3-4 car battles when being lapped by LMP's in battles.
Yet, there was one single contact between 2 cars during the whole race!

It really shows that it's rarely the tracks that are too small or narrow. It's the drivers mindset!

Great job to all of you!! @Colin Peach @Roy Magnes @Ingemar Petersson @Herlev @rockracer @Michael Rudolf @xoSx.Racing @Alex Townsend (I know you left, but you were on the server!:)) @Maciej Strzeboński @durielk @Rui F. Martins @Cameron Sansano @Antmerino @akephoe @Luca Ciarfella @Pauli Ahonen :D :D

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting and organizing and thanks to all for a great race.
Mid Ohio is really a great track, love it.

I'm fighting with the GTE's for some weeks now after taking a break over the spring/summer from racing. Can't get really on speed, especially over one lap. Consistency over a stint is better, but fast is something else.
Today was a copy of that.
Quali was a big fight witout being and getting a fast, good lap.
The race was smooth(er), no real mistakes and a steady pace.

Maybe more laps will help to pick up some speed...;)

Looked through the log for the race to check some lap and sector-times.

We had multiclass-racing (granted, with 3-4 drivers less than normal), on a very tight, twisty, short Mid-Ohio. We had GT's in 2-3-4 car battles when being lapped by LMP's in battles.
Yet, there was one single contact between 2 cars during the whole race!

It really shows that it's rarely the tracks that are too small or narrow. It's the drivers mindset!

Great job to all of you!! @Colin Peach @Roy Magnes @Ingemar Petersson @Herlev @rockracer @Michael Rudolf @xoSx.Racing @Alex Townsend (I know you left, but you were on the server!:)) @Maciej Strzeboński @durielk @Rui F. Martins @Cameron Sansano @Antmerino @akephoe @Luca Ciarfella @Pauli Ahonen :D :D
Wish I could have stayed, as was looking to be a lot of fun. But my 2 year old woke up and wanted attention, and my wife is currently working and studying full time and really tired. So, to avoid certain divorce, I had to man up and go help get the little one back to sleep again.
Doesnt happen all the time, and hopefully soon I can join you guys for some races in the future.

Although a backmarker, I thought the race went pretty good. Seemed like everyone found a good place to pass. First race here in a while & as usual, when I joined the room I found out I was still 2 seconds off pace. Big surprise was the heavy rubber on the track, it knocked about 1 sec off my usual time, but I had the car setup/practice on medium track rubber.
With all the L>R>L's on a small track, very difficult to pass or find a place to lap.

Last edited:
Although a backmarker, I thought the race went pretty good. Seemed like everyone found a good place to pass. First race here in a while & as usual, when I joined the room I found out I was still 2 seconds off pace. Big surprise was the heavy rubber on the track, it knocked about 1 sec off my usual time, but I had the car setup/practice on medium track rubber.
With all the L>R>L's on a small track, very difficult to pass or find a place to lap.
2 seconds off the pace probably meant you were around my pace, although I think maybe I'm more like 3 seconds off the pace judging by youtube videos...
May have been quicker on the night and kept you busy at the back though. Hoping next time I can actually do more than 2 laps in quali

Was a fairly decent race to start with, had plenty of spare pace, so was conserving tyres, then as we caught the gt cars i was too cautious, when i should have just sent it, tried to avoid contact but touched, spun and hit the wall, didnt have enough pace to catch backup so went short on the pit stop and ran out of fuel

2020-11-20 _ GTE  @ Mid-Ohio.jpg

@Luca Ciarfella would it be possible (when you feel like it) to get a screenshot without the track&date written on it. I feel it's time to change the poster-picture, and would love to be able to use one of your magnificent screenshots (I'll obviously keep the (c) in it) :)

This goes for both Endurance and GT3 to be honest. I absolutely loved your Kyalami and Portland GT3 screenshots!

Last edited:
@Luca Ciarfella would it be possible (when you feel like it) to get a screenshot without the track&date written on it. I feel it's time to change the poster-picture, and would love to be able to use one of your magnificent screenshots (I'll obviously keep the (c) in it) :)

This goes for both Endurance and GT3 to be honest. I absolutely loved your Kyalami and Portland GT3 screenshots!
Yes, of course... I'll PM you later

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back