rF2 S397 Endurance @ Monza - Fri 02 Jul 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm sorry I was not there! I figured it would be nice to install Windows 11, but my computer just booted up again (Windows 11 looks nice tho :))

This game...
Patience is running very thin as it is! This time I couldn't see the pit marker since I have red/green color blindness, the time of day in the game and the asphalt having it's certain hue along with all the green and red that is Monza it was almost impossible to spot at first. Thus I overshot my box and had to coast an extra lap since I didn't wanna be DQ'ed.
Sure, it's on my color blindness but I've been asking for years(along with others) to have the ability to change color of the pit box so it's easier to spot, or at least change it to something that has outlines or other distinguishing features.

Anyways, apart from that I had some great racing at the start of the race with @Jan Larsen ! :thumbsup:
It was nice to have a battle in rF2 after being away from it for so long!
Fell down to 7th after I was done with my stop and managed to climb back up into 5th!

Cheers for the whole event! :notworthy:

Edit: Sorry @Jan Larsen and @Herlev , I got your names mixed up when I wrote my message, it was of course Jan I had that awesome battle with! :redface:

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys! Surprised with the result as it is my least favourite track of all (though I think rf2 probably has my favourite sim version of it :)). Haven't had much time to practice but found some decent consistency which I usually do not on this track. Really nice racing into the dark as well, looked fantastic!

20210702230000_1.jpg

Thanks for a nice event tonight folks. I had a a good qualy in p2 but having many more races at monza than I do in RF2 showed in the end!

It all started to unravel right from the start when I went to stop on the grid at the end of the formation lap! I had poor fps then for the first stint, settings were too high i think... Got punted in T1 about 20 minutes in, ended up with a 40 second tyre change and then picked up a drive thu for some sloppy driving :thumbsdown: :)

The rest of the second stint went better but the chequered flag was waving when i finally caught the prototypes in p6 and p5! The track looked amazing at night!

Yep, good racing lads. Had a monster battle with @Magnus Dahlgren in the first stint, I just couldnt get past. I sat behind looking for weak points or capitalize on errors, but nothing, instead I found out he was fast out of corners which indicated a low amount of starting fuel.
I finally did manage to get by in T1-2 and pulled a small gap when my suspicion was confirmed as he darted for the pits. Something went wrong, as Magnus told ^, so from there it was a cruise to the finish.
Oh, and Monza looks great at night!

Yep, good racing lads. Had a monster battle with @Magnus Dahlgren in the first stint, I just couldnt get past. I sat behind looking for weak points or capitalize on errors, but nothing, instead I found out he was fast out of corners which indicated a low amount of starting fuel.
I finally did manage to get by in T1-2 and pulled a small gap when my suspicion was confirmed as he darted for the pits. Something went wrong, as Magnus told ^, so from there it was a cruise to the finish.
Oh, and Monza looks great at night!

Hehe, since I'm not completely familiar with my new brake pedal I managed to do some rather bizarre slow downs(sliding with all four tyres at an angle over the first chicane springs to mind) but I managed to stay ahead a few laps, thing is; I knew you were quicker than me so I had to push on hard, but not having enough practice with the pedal really showed! But on a positive note about the new pedal, I could really balance the car better into corners and also match it much easier against you whenever you tried to overtake in the braking zones!
Again, thanks for an awesome opening fight! :notworthy:

Happy that people enjoyed the night-ending of the race (however, sorry to @Magnus Dahlgren for rF2 not having the "color blindness" option that some games have.

Next week will be the new, free, new tyre model BMW M4 Class 1 (DTM), however - no idea what track yet. Have to figure something out during the weekend. It should be a fairly newly updated track, with all the rF2 goodies! But also I would like it to be free, so it's a free-content weekend :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold could you tell me where the steering setting you mentioned are please xx

Uhoh. On my way on a family birthday atm, but settings and controller/steering/devices or whatever rF2 calls it. There should be a few options.

And then steering lock in the car setup, I cannot remember where that are exactly either. Brakes or close to brakes :p

I would've seen it easily if I just had the game available to me :p

I also had a lot of fun yesterday. Probably my best race so far. However I had a big moment into T1 at the start where I almost collected @Jan Larsen and @Magnus Dahlgren

Was a solid race afterwards till it got dark ...

When it got really dark I lost my reference points for breaking into T1 and T2 (I used those black flag signs - which I didn't see anymore). I made a few mistakes then when @Peter Nemeth arrived at my back. Almost collected him in the penultimate lap due to missing my breaking point into T2 after being side-by-side. Luckily he kept the overview and didn't turn in to the corner :unsure:

See ya next time :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Forum trophies