RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

same here. came out right where i was supposd to be. happened to me during the eu mixed event the other day. always after first round of stops, seems to lose sync or something. i was lappin round on an empty track getting a blue flag warning evry corner with a permanent yellow in sector 3. exactly he same as it was at albi.

well pissed to say the least.

Race 1 was spent quite alone, started 4th, finished 4th . I end up alone after 3 turns, the guys before me were much quicker than me, while the gap behind was somewhere around 2 - 3 secs. Very focused because I am not used to drive Propulsions, and I didn't want to go off track by myself :)
Race 2 was... well too short to my linking : first 2 turns were ok, I didn't touch anyone and I was following (more or less) the quick guys. Then, around lap 3 or 4, an accident happened at "Hansen", and someone did a 180°. I chose the "left option" to go around him. That was not the correct option... I hit him on the side, not by much but it was enough to break my suspension. Car undriveable from this point and the next corner I went straight off the track, so I quit.
After having thought about it, I should have fixed my damages and go on. But I was a bit upset against myself at this time. :/

Very good setups by the way, provided by my team (Project D). Thanks Gregory.

Going to kill my Pit Crew!!!

They were meant to put in 70L at first pit, but for what ever reason, I got now. And yes I was using the Pit Menu thing with only that active!!! So did another lap to get fuel. The on last pit they gave my 70 when I entered only 35L... so pissed...

Had some great racing there, but ruined by bungled pits...

• Chris Rodgers

Looks like some guys got screwed over by bugs around pit-stops...bad luck guys :(

Luckily I came through the pitstops unscathed and hung around for 7th. Going in I wanted to not make a fool of myself on my first superpole (qualified 10th with a nice tidy lap, so mission accomplished), wanted to stay out of trouble and not ruin anyone's race, and try to finish on the lead lap...so all-in-all I'm pretty happy :) I thought I'd try the Honda as it seemed to be doing pretty well in previous rounds, but ironically I was the first Honda home so maybe I should have stuck with my trusty Seat ;)

Thanks guys for organising a fun event and thanks for changing things up a bit - the longer race and different qualifying etc made for a nice change!

Now time for sleep as I've got to get up in less than six hours to attend a full day of training...I hope they're providing large quantities of coffee! So if I don't race with you again til next year, I hope you all have a great Christmas break and I'll see you again in the new year :)

• Andrew Dawes

Firstly sorry to Dietmar, i just touched you coming into the second last corner of the warm up lap. Was annoyed with myself for many laps and decided i wouldn't pass you until the first round of pit stops. Although mostly i couldn't get close enough even if i wanted to.

Well after connection problems and only 4 laps practice (3 of which were simply pit stop practices) i went into Superpole with nothing. The 2:10.x i posted was the slowest recorded time by 1.7 seconds. Turns out i was completely off the pace anyway as the best i managed in the race was 2:09.1 but 3rd best time was low 2:10s.

Still with a one stop strategy and pitting as late as possible i was able to work my way up to 11th. With 5 laps to go i decided to have a real go and see what tyres i had left. I caught and passed N Gardiner on what i though was the 3rd last corner of the race only to find we had one more to do. I then chased down Cam and we were side by side betwen 3rd last and 2nd last corner, i backed off into the corner and went up the inside as Cam went only slighlty wide at which point there was a explosion and cam came out ahead and David Lemon came off worse. I followed Cam across the line for 10th place.

Good race in all ... but my eyes are sore.

Other than my warm up lap indiscretion it was all clean racing.

Well that was a blast!

First off, sorry to Christian Deparis for the tap IN THE FORMATION LAP!!!:doh2: Was a bit frustrated with myself but fortunately nothing came of it.

Superpole is great! Very intense and I was shaking after it.

I'll file a proper report later but suffice to say that I had a blast and really like this style of racing.

Thanks to Gunthar for the track suggestion and Warren for helping me get it right.

After looking at the last lap replay, apologies to Andrew as well for a dodgy looking re-entry. The back wheel caught the grass and spun me enough to throw me onto that line. BRILLIANT WORK avoiding me!! Well done.

However, everybody's info was screwed up. All cars had a current placing of P45 and the menu looked screwed up.

This game has more bugs than you poke a stick at. :pissed-off:

Warren, I've noticed that happens with the garage menu in timed races only. It should be alright in lap races.

Qualifying: 11th. I like that Superpole system a lot - you don't have to worry about mistakes from other drivers ruining your lap. We should implement it in more races. :)

Race: Maaaan, that formation lap set the nerves tingling. I got away good from the start, and was settling in for the long stint ahead, but on lap 6 Gunthar knocked me off and I was sent down to 15th. I managed to keep it together and pit on lap 18. I managed to change the tyres, but (stupid me :tongue:) I forgot to put any fuel in. More time lost when I had to go around the track again to pit for fuel. I was being lapped by the leaders by this stage. In the latter third or so of the race, I had an excellent fight with Mtommi. I had already lapped him some time ago, but the battle was great. :highfive: Things got very exciting when Gunthar came into the picture, and Mr Rowe passed me for 13th. Mtommi and myself kept it going till the end, where I crosed the line in 14th.

I was hoping on a top 10 position, but hey, you can't change the past. Great race, big thanks to Warren, Cam and RD for organising this event, and hoping for more Oceania Zone goodness next Sunday! :thumb:

Just come back home,and then quick to saw RD website sign name to join racing club,download the track join, :)

Qualify: run qualify is want to know the track,first time join this track

Race:
I had very too bad mistake to Nigel Roberts,sor to Nigel,I forget is turn,too bad for me,after,I run more lap,and i can feel how to run this track,but,before more mistake,to pit very more,this race,i very busy in pit,last is me meet Rhys Gardiner,very enjoy and him battle,becuse,i think last 2 car is our,so,i hope enjoy to drive,:) thx Rhys Gardiner, :handshake:

See all next race,

Mtommi :dance2:

Qual - a very intense session, I think I was fourth but only 2 tenths down from first :)

Race - Kept up round the last bend to keep everyone in sight, got past Nico and then David early on. I kept my lead over them until it came to pitstop time. First thing that went wrong was that I had the usual nvlddmkm error which cost me about 15 seconds. I then ran off the road and then when I came into pit, the engine restarted but stalled in neutral and autoclutch on. I don't know what was with that??? I then sat for about another 5 seconds before I could get it fired up again. By then I was way back and had no chance of winning, so I set my sights on David Lemon. He had pitted before me so his tyres were in a much worse shape than mine, so I snuck past him to take third.

Thankyou to Cam and Warren for organising this and congratulations to Michael Stead and Nico Major!

Sorry to hear some had problems ( I wondered where you went to Warren :) ) fortunately for me my pitstop was bug free! Qualified 2nd and was having a great race with Rihard and Nico for 2nd up untill about lap 13 when my tyres started to go off and they went downhill fast over the next 3 laps :( decided to pit early as Warren had caught me and I was making a lot of mistakes, promising myself to look after my new tyres:sarcastic: rejoined about 8th but reckoned I'd have to do about 25 laps on these tyres :excruciating: my plan seemed to have worked and I was up to 3rd within 5-6 laps and had a good gap to Richard in 4th, I held the gap for a good few laps then got tyre warning with still 10 laps to go :messed: Richard caught me with about 4 laps to go and I could hardly keep the car on the road!! really should have 2 stopped as I really stuggle with badly worn tyres, was well pleased with 4th though and liked this longer format :good: grats to Michael, Nico and Richard:handshake: thanks to Cam and RD for another great event:worship: cya all next week hopefully:dance2:

Sorry for the drivers that had bad luck. For me the race was very nice. These enduro races add a lot of interesting things to the race action.

According to my finds that I posted some time before I decided to do a 1 stop. Formation lap and start went very well and we found ourselfes with 4 cars aproching the second corner. I think all were very cautious and there was no trouble but I lost one position so I was 4th now behind Michael S., David and Richard. For the following laps I think I could have been a few tenth faster than the cars in front of me but there was no real chance to overtake so I decided to take it easy and spare my tires.

Michael went to the pits after 30 min as he told us before but I was surprised to see so many other one stoppers. Some laps befor my stop I got a pass on David after he made a little mistake. I followed Richard for several laps with a gap of 5 seconds. To catch him I decided to do my pit stop 2 laps earlier than originally planed. This way I was able to do 2 fast laps while Richard was still sliding around. That worked very well and after all was sorted I found myself in 2nd place 40 seconds behind Michael who still had to do his second pit stop. (Edit: Sorry for your problems Richard. I wonder if it had worked even under normal circumstances)

With about 30 min. to go the showdown begun. I saw the gap decreasing and I passed Michael S. on the start finish straight (he in the pits). Looking at the time difference I missed the breakpoint for T1 and went through the gravel (stupid me) so Michael was directly behind me. One lap later he had no problem passing me because my tires were already in a bad shape. The rest of the race for me was to keep the car on track and to avoid major mistakes. For the last third of the race Michael H. and me had some nice co-driving so it did not get boring :). Finally finished 2nd.

Grats and thx to all, especially Michael S.
Big thank you to Cam and RD too!

Nico

That was quite good fun, from a concentration point of view. The racing was a little bit lonely, as enduros are, but I had a few good battles. I qualified 9th and finished 6th, so I was pleased with that. I pitted twice: once on lap 12 for tires only (starting with a full tank), then on lap 24 for tires again and enough fuel to see me home. The tires survived well, but in the last few laps of the race (after about 16 laps or so), it was like skating on ice.

My 2nd pit stop was a bit frantic, trying to stop in the right place and getting the pit menu sorted out. In my first stop, when I only changed tires, the ignition didn't turn off at all - the car remained running. But in my fuel and tires stop, the ignition was turned off. I had a key set to ignition, and it took a couple of goes to make the car start. So I don't know what the pattern is with all the shonky pitstops where cars wouldn't start.

Hansi was catching me bit by bit over the last 8 laps or so, but I thought I'd just have enough time to hold him off. I thought the race would be over when I crossed the line with no more time showing on the clock, and mentally relaxed and ran off the track a bit, letting Hansi past, only to realise the race was still going :( It's a pity, because it would have been fun trying to defend my position. But well done Hansi, you reeled me in bit by bit.

The superpole and formation lap was good for something different. Thanks Cam and Warren for organising it.

This event should be wicked fun. Im really hoping we can get a big field for these races.

The best thing about shorter races is that if you mess up in the race IE: clip a call dmg suspension, you get another short race very shortly after. I really hope we can get some EU guys joining us for some S2000 fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back