• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Russell Alexis @ Longford 67 - 28 Aug 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by Craig Dunkley, Aug 20, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 28-08-19
  1. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,440
    Put me done as a maybe..... need to see if I can get everything loaded and running properly.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +517
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,561
    No problem Jack ..hope to see you on the grid :thumbsup:

4. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,561
    Always welcome :thumbsup:

5. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Hope you don't mind me asking Ernie @Kek700 , thought you might find this interesting:whistling::)

EDIT. Whoops you did:laugh:

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +517
    My first go in LMP1 ( Toyota TS040 ) tonight, the Alexis is going to seem so slow....
    I will sneak the TS040 power plant into the Alexis, so watch out John. :roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    I'd settle for a braking system where I didn't have to give a week's notice :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 3
  8. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Haha, I've had about 15 mins trying to learn the track and I'm buggered if I can keep it on the road:laugh:

Have to say, whilst it's a lot of fun (I think!), it handles nothing like the real thing... or my memory is broke... but Jim Russel told me to say that:p

9. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,306
    Well I'm always happy to take feedback from people who know its characteristics. Although a lot of things like brake bias and suspension setup are just personal preference, I took the defaults from a setup sheet of someone who raced one in the 00s, so they probably weren't configured exactly like it in the 60s. And for all I know they were using a rebuilt chassis with different geometry.

I think maybe I'm also too used to the handling characteristics of a rearward brake bias, I find oversteer easier to compensate for than understeer so I just set it up to brake best in a straight line and don't worry about stable trailbraking.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Oops, never thought I'd get caught with my pants down by the developer:redface::laugh: Hope you didn't take offense Nick, none intended and as with all devs I'm grateful for your work. It was in the 70's when I drove one (briefly and badly) so most likely is a memory problem.

My cheeky comment came from two areas (IF my memory is right:whistling:); imo the brakes were better (braking distances much shorter) and transition to oversteer was much smoother, though as I mentioned, had only tried it for a few laps, and today had a play with setups, which helped a little - I was trying to get the brake 'dive' that (I think!) I remember. I can't imagine how hard it might be for you to get the 'feel' of cars this old, and must confess, sat in the car I had a tear in my eye looking at those wishbones:inlove:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,306
    Nah no offense taken, I know how little real data this is built with, especially in the area of tires - it's so far out of the range of anything else in the game (weighs 1/2 as much, tires significantly smaller) that all the real data basically consists of the tire dimensions and a vertical stiffness at 15psi, everything else is just assumptions aiming not to exceed real life lap times.

• Beer Beer x 2
  12. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +399
    Tyres might be why I was flummoxed Nick, I'm almost sure we were on road tyres (which FF started with, radials? Firestone? not sure) then I heard years later they introduced a cheap racing tyre, I think? If they did, and this car is based on them, it would explain a lot about the general feel of the car.

13. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +517
    Spent about an hour today getting used to the car and circuit, the car is a complete mystery to me, :( feels like walking across an ice ring in leather walking shoes. But the circuits shrubbery I know like the back of my hand, the swamp, the marsh, the bridge, and most of the fields. :unsure: still have no time on the tarmac as yet.:O_o:

• Haha Haha x 2
  14. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Sorry guys, signing out. :(

15. Dennis Manke

Dennis Manke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    Need to sign out:( sry @Craig Dunkley i have hardware issues. Need to send my wheel back to fanatec. I cant race maybe 1 week i hope.:(
    Have fun guys :unsure:

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,132
    [​IMG]

17. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,561
    Sad news, you are a good safe driver, I hope you get your problems sorted out, and hope to see you soon :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,561
    Welcome aboard Stig :thumbsup:

19. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,561
    I think the default setup is very good :thumbsup:

20. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +218
    @Craig Dunkley, I don't know if this the right place or time to ask, but I'm going to ask anyway :whistling: Given the low turnout for both the classic & historic races in the last few weeks, is it possible to have a discussion about bringing back the Mazda mx5 Cup (or something similar) races to a Wednesday night?

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.