AC Russell Alexis @ Longford 67 - 28 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Kek700

Premium
My first go in LMP1 ( Toyota TS040 ) tonight, the Alexis is going to seem so slow....
I will sneak the TS040 power plant into the Alexis, so watch out John. :roflmao::roflmao:

Medilloni

Premium
My first go in LMP1 ( Toyota TS040 ) tonight, the Alexis is going to seem so slow....
I will sneak the TS040 power plant into the Alexis, so watch out John. :roflmao::roflmao:
Haha, I've had about 15 mins trying to learn the track and I'm buggered if I can keep it on the road:laugh:

Have to say, whilst it's a lot of fun (I think!), it handles nothing like the real thing... or my memory is broke... but Jim Russel told me to say that:p

Have to say, whilst it's a lot of fun (I think!), it handles nothing like the real thing... or my memory is broke... but Jim Russel told me to say that:p
Well I'm always happy to take feedback from people who know its characteristics. Although a lot of things like brake bias and suspension setup are just personal preference, I took the defaults from a setup sheet of someone who raced one in the 00s, so they probably weren't configured exactly like it in the 60s. And for all I know they were using a rebuilt chassis with different geometry.

I think maybe I'm also too used to the handling characteristics of a rearward brake bias, I find oversteer easier to compensate for than understeer so I just set it up to brake best in a straight line and don't worry about stable trailbraking.

Last edited:

Medilloni

Premium
Well I'm always happy to take feedback from people who know its characteristics. Although a lot of things like brake bias and suspension setup are just personal preference, I took the defaults from a setup sheet of someone who raced one in the 00s, so they probably weren't configured exactly like it in the 60s. And for all I know they were using a rebuilt chassis with different geometry.

I think maybe I'm also too used to the handling characteristics of a rearward brake bias, I find oversteer easier to compensate for than understeer so I just set it up to brake best in a straight line and don't worry about stable trailbraking.
Oops, never thought I'd get caught with my pants down by the developer:redface::laugh: Hope you didn't take offense Nick, none intended and as with all devs I'm grateful for your work. It was in the 70's when I drove one (briefly and badly) so most likely is a memory problem.

My cheeky comment came from two areas (IF my memory is right:whistling:); imo the brakes were better (braking distances much shorter) and transition to oversteer was much smoother, though as I mentioned, had only tried it for a few laps, and today had a play with setups, which helped a little - I was trying to get the brake 'dive' that (I think!) I remember. I can't imagine how hard it might be for you to get the 'feel' of cars this old, and must confess, sat in the car I had a tear in my eye looking at those wishbones:inlove:

Last edited:
Nah no offense taken, I know how little real data this is built with, especially in the area of tires - it's so far out of the range of anything else in the game (weighs 1/2 as much, tires significantly smaller) that all the real data basically consists of the tire dimensions and a vertical stiffness at 15psi, everything else is just assumptions aiming not to exceed real life lap times.

Medilloni

Premium
Nah no offense taken, I know how little real data this is built with, especially in the area of tires - it's so far out of the range of anything else in the game (weighs 1/2 as much, tires significantly smaller) that all the real data basically consists of the tire dimensions and a vertical stiffness at 15psi, everything else is just assumptions aiming not to exceed real life lap times.
Tyres might be why I was flummoxed Nick, I'm almost sure we were on road tyres (which FF started with, radials? Firestone? not sure) then I heard years later they introduced a cheap racing tyre, I think? If they did, and this car is based on them, it would explain a lot about the general feel of the car.

Kek700

Premium
Spent about an hour today getting used to the car and circuit, the car is a complete mystery to me, :( feels like walking across an ice ring in leather walking shoes. But the circuits shrubbery I know like the back of my hand, the swamp, the marsh, the bridge, and most of the fields. :unsure: still have no time on the tarmac as yet.:O_o:

Stig Bidstrup

Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation "
Premium
sign-me-up-to-race-please050-jpg.320504

I think the default setup is very good :thumbsup:

pattikins

Premium
@Craig Dunkley, I don't know if this the right place or time to ask, but I'm going to ask anyway :whistling: Given the low turnout for both the classic & historic races in the last few weeks, is it possible to have a discussion about bringing back the Mazda mx5 Cup (or something similar) races to a Wednesday night?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000