Running Race 07 from another computer ??

Warren Dawes

Premium
I should know the answer to this but not really sure.
I have bought a new lap top PC to allow me to keep in contact with RaceDept and perform my RD duties while I am away from home for a lengthy period. I also wish to be able to run replays from League races to help my Race Director duties.
So, can I install my Race 07 to the laptop, log into my steam account, and use the game normally. If so, how do I do it?
If not. I assume that I can install the offline version to my laptop?
I have the CD version of Race 07.

I have checked the Steam Q & A link and it doesn't work anymore. Also checked RSC and no luck. Surely this is a common question.

Progress at last! :Light:
Looks like User Account Control is the problem. With it turned on (default setting), replays won't show, but with it turned off, they work normally.
I have proved this with repeated tests.
Why it is a problem with Race 07 is beyond me, GTL is happy either way.

Of course Windows keeps complaining that User Control is turned off (my security is at risk), but it is nice to get rid of one more annoying "feature" of Vista. :throw:
Don't know if there is any other way around it with some other setting but I don't have time to study it anymore for the moment.

Simbin really should have a Q&A or trouble shooting section somewhere to spread help with these sorts of issues.

I still have the stuttering problems, especially with replays but I suspect it is due to the resourse hogging of Vista. :confused:

Thanks for the help so far guys. :thumb:

Start>Control panel (classic view)>Security Center:

attachment.php

Also I would try getting the latest ati drivers for your graphics card.

Attachments

• security center.jpg
    security center.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 249
Thanks Oliver, hopefully that will now stop Vista complaining all the time. I'm sure there are a lot more processes going on in the background which are causing intermittent performance spikes, I'll gradually learn how to get rid of them over time.
Unfortunately, it seems that these Laptops come pre-packaged with lots of unwanted programs, I've killed a few already but some are hard to remove.

I'll go look for newer drivers now. :thumb:

EDIT: The windows search says I have the latest drivers installed. Is there somewhere to check the latest versions?

• Enrico Bottani

try this one Warren, very usefull for me...it take an hour if you do all without speeding and doing lot of mistakes....

SO check the site Super Tweaks for Windows Vista by Black Viper and follow the istruction, after this you will have a really nice Vista, no stupid services, no UAC control, no indexing that doesn't work(let it to mac stuff), no 800mb ram widget and so on...

:-D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back