Running BTB in VMwear

I got this problem when I load up btb under vmwear. The start-up expansion packs screen comes up as normal and the program loads up as normal. But it’s in this state where nearly all the tool icons at the top are missing and only the 3d view loads. You pretty much can’t click on anything, and when you move the program window, wireframes scatter everywhere, needing a reboot to get rid of them.

I was hoping if you guys can point me in the right direction. I know it’s some sort of setting or compatibility issue because it’s running in vmwear. My host computer is windows 7 64bit, and my vmwear OS is winXP 32bit.

I installed the exact directx9 from a post in here for btb, and .net framework it required. I did activate the 3d accelerator for the vmwear, and found on the internet it does run 3d graphics, and shader 2.0.

I think you mean VMWare, but anyway, BTB is really picky in which environment it runs in. You do indeed need to have the exact right version of DirectX 9.0c (Aug. 2009 I think) and .Net (2.0).
If it then runs but won't respond, I'm thinking the pc emulator isn't quite up to the job.

I was able to get it to run on Parallels on my Mac though.

Thanks for the response Raido. I guess no btb in VMWare workstation then :(.

There was a post by someone a couple of years ago saying that you could do it, and how easy it was to get going. But it didn't offer much details other than having the right directx9. I can't find that post again in search for some reason.

I might have one more crack at setting up the OS again to make sure everything installed properly, and let the OS connect to the internet so BTB can download .NET framework it's self when i install it again. But I doubt that will get it going.

Anyone else tried running BTB in WMWear?

I use VMWare, and I dont get this problem. The only one I encountered was that you couldn't CTRL + Click, you had to CTRL + ALT + Click. Apart from that it runs fine for me.

Hey Jimlaad43, thankyou for that, so there is hope. Can I ask what OS your running it in, what your host OS is (don't know if that makes a difference), and any other special settings that i would need to know?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back