Run Time Error?

I get a run time error for just one mod in GTR2. I D/L the 4gb patch and notsure if I did that correct.It didn't say it was patched. I have a newer computer, but the config shows 16 and 32 bit. What am I doing wrong?

I get a run time error for just one mod in GTR2. I D/L the 4gb patch and notsure if I did that correct.It didn't say it was patched. I have a newer computer, but the config shows 16 and 32 bit. What am I doing wrong?
If you do the 4GB patch correctly it will say it did it successfully.

1635441584471.png

Usually GTR2 just crashes to desktop silently and doesn't give you any runtime error if it's something related to running out of memory (ie. 4GB patch not applied).

If you're getting an error message / dialog post it here to help us.

Last edited:
If you do the 4GB patch correctly it will say it did it successfully.

View attachment 513683

Usually GTR2 just crashes to desktop silently and doesn't give you any runtime error.

If you're getting an error message / dialog post it here to help us.
Ok,, now it doesn't me a run time error, it just CTD's to desktop. Maybe I need to try and install the mod again? And no, it doesn't say the 4gb patch was installed correctly. Not sure the instructions helped. What is the right way to do it?

Last edited:
Is your install patched with HQ Anniv Patch ?
In the positive answer ... 4GB Patch is included and we don't get any confirmation that 4 GB patch is installed.

In the negative answer .... do you have problems starting a session with original cars ?

Please be precise in your message and questions, else we cannot help.
Even the 1st post is not clear.

Is it only a CTD for just this mod ? is it a general CTD using any car or track ? ....

Last edited:
Is your install patched with HQ Anniv Patch ?
In the positive answer ... 4GB Patch is included and we don't get any confirmation that 4 GB patch is installed.

In the negative answer .... do you have problems starting a session with original cars ?

Please be precise in your message and questions, else we cannot help.
Even the 1st post is not clear.

Is it only a CTD for just this mod ? is it a general CTD using any car or track ? ....
Yes,I have the HQ Patch, Yes, it is only with this mod, everything else is fine.

Ok then ... so your problem is surely the mod.
In order to confirm it and have another clue about the problem, only a trace file is needed.
In case of such a CTD there's always a trace file created if this is done:

- Create a shortcut on desktop in order to launch this GTR2 instance. ( if you don't have one yet of course )
- then right-click it and choose the properties
- In general tab, modify the target "....\YOUR GTR2 install folder\GTR2.exe" by
adding a -trace=1000 at the end in order to get: "....\YOUR GTR2 install folder\GTR2.exe -trace=1000
- click OK to save

Now launch GTR2 with this shortcut and create a CTD with this mod.

Afterwards, you'll find a "trace.txt" file in ‪....\YOUR GTR2 install folder\UserData\Log\ folder
Mostly a few lines ( for example 20 last lines ) show why the crash happens .....
Let's begin with showing us here those 20 last lines of this trace file.

Important EDIT
First check the readme of this mod .... it sometimes happens that a mod needs another mod to work.
If that's the case here, check if you have this other mod installed.

The first best way not to loose time for .... nothing when such a cause was obvious in the readme.

Last edited:
Ok then ... so your problem is surely the mod.
In order to confirm it and have another clue about the problem, only a trace file is needed.
In case of such a CTD there's always a trace file created if this is done:

- Create a shortcut on desktop in order to launch this GTR2 instance. ( if you don't have one yet of course )
- then right-click it and choose the properties
- In general tab, modify the target "....\YOUR GTR2 install folder\GTR2.exe" by
adding a -trace=1000 at the end in order to get: "....\YOUR GTR2 install folder\GTR2.exe -trace=1000
- click OK to save

Now launch GTR2 with this shortcut and create a CTD with this mod.

Afterwards, you'll find a "trace.txt" file in ‪....\YOUR GTR2 install folder\UserData\Log\ folder
Mostly a few lines ( for example 20 last lines ) show why the crash happens .....
Let's begin with showing us here those 20 last lines of this trace file.

Important EDIT
First check the readme of this mod .... it sometimes happens that a mod needs another mod to work.
If that's the case here, check if you have this other mod installed.

The first best way not to loose time for .... nothing when such a cause was obvious in the readme.
Check this: http://gtr4u.de/filebase/index.php/...n/?s=607e6808a6b6eaa95a9d0314d091f365cbf4c6e1

Ok, I did reinstall the Mod, I noticed that I had put the Stex File in the F1 2021 folder, took it out and placed itin the Teams folder, and same result, CTD. Probably
going to just remove the mod.

Possible you did another mistake as the installation of this mod seems a bit confusing.
I haven't this mod as I'm not fan of F1 in simracing ... but in their site at the reading of its install I'd say that the way the zipped file was built is a cause of install mistakes.

Last edited:
Possible you did another mistake as the installation of this mod seems a bit confusing.
I haven't this mod as I'm not fan of F1 in simracing ... but in their site at the reading of its install I'd say that the way the zipped file was built is a cause of install mistakes.
I agree. I can live without it. I have the F1 2016 that is ok,except for the sound. Still, FR2 has great F1's anyway. Thanks for your effort.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back