Rumour: Miami F1 Street Race Off - Other Venues Under Consideration

I don't see that ever comming.

Absolute great track to drive on, but I fear, they would have to destroy the fast, flowing esses before last turn to create a propper DRS-Zone.
Why? They have fast, flowing esses at Suzuka and CoTA, plus Sonoma already has a "Tilke Chicane" that bypasses Turn 10 in the esses. And if they need "proper" DRS straights, they can always use the straight that bypasses the carousel. Boom, front straight and straight leading into Turn 7 would become DRS zones. They could also use the Indycar hairpin as opposed to the standard Turn 11 to lengthen the front stretch to allow for the entire grid to start on the same straight.

Alternately, if they would want to avoid making structural changes to the pit wall (which actually as an opening in Turn 12 where the front straight becomes parallel to the drag strip), they could just use the standard hairpin, where the only issue with pit road being it's very, very long.

Why? They have fast, flowing esses at Suzuka and CoTA, plus Sonoma already has a "Tilke Chicane" that bypasses Turn 10 in the esses. And if they need "proper" DRS straights, they can always use the straight that bypasses the carousel. Boom, front straight and straight leading into Turn 7 would become DRS zones. They could also use the Indycar hairpin as opposed to the standard Turn 11 to lengthen the front stretch to allow for the entire grid to start on the same straight.

Alternately, if they would want to avoid making structural changes to the pit wall (which actually as an opening in Turn 12 where the front straight becomes parallel to the drag strip), they could just use the standard hairpin, where the only issue with pit road being it's very, very long.

I do know the track very well.

Even if you set up the track like you are describing, the straights would be simply too short.

We have a much more competitive series in Indycar, i don't think we need F1 at all......

download.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

There are good tracks in F1 but they are licenced to Indy Car or NASCAR. Ovals don't work we saw that at Indy. Streets circuits cause to much mayhem and pace car. Laguna Seca is good. So is Watkins glen and Sears Point. So NASCAR and INDY CAR wont let F1 go there. As they are rival's to F1 in America.
If F1 went to a good track it would raise popularity of F1 and take fans From Indy and NASCAR. So Americans want F1 to look stupid.

I great Track but cars have changed a lot in the way of Technology and safety standards and i guess the tracks have to do the same. :ninja:
That's fine so keep F1 away from our tracks that every other one of our series is happy to run on as they are. Build a specific track for F1 like COTA was or stick them on the streets somewhere. Don't mess with existing tracks.

Either way I don't see F1 making much of a dent in the US market.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back