RUF License Announced

1796766_843009702392016_1402430490_o.png
It's a hover porsche!

I expect there to be a GT3 like version of one the RUF cars, like there's a F1 like version the T125 in the S1 edition.

RUF has no GT3 race cars. Why should Kunos put a piece of fiction into AC.? The strongest 991 look-alike is the Rt 35 S street car with its flat 6 engine. It not only looks similar to the Porsche 991 Turbo, it even beats it in pure performance aspects. However the AC community voted against it.

See for yourself: http://www.rufauto.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107&Itemid=172

RUF has no GT3 race cars. Why should Kunos put a piece of fiction into AC.? The strongest 991 look-alike is the Rt 35 S street car with its flat 6 engine. It not only looks similar to the Porsche 991 Turbo, it even beats it in pure performance aspects. However the AC community voted against it.

See for yourself: http://www.rufauto.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107&Itemid=172

Because they already have a fiction car? (The S1 of T125)

Yes and because in iRacing there are fictional RUFs too. Also i think no one voted for the YellowBird and we get it, what i think is a good thing. They don´t only do what was voted, they do what they want to, i like that.

Yes and because in iRacing there are fictional RUFs too. Also i think no one voted for the YellowBird and we get it, what i think is a good thing. They don´t only do what was voted, they do what they want to, i like that.

People voted for the CTR.

What does iRacing have to do with Assetto Corsa (in spite of the fact that both claim to be racing simulators)?

Sadly DLC is here to stay it seems. It nearly always has a bad effect on multiplayer gaming, that's my main gripe about it. I want to support Kunos, I like what they are doing, but at the same time, distributing content via DLC fractures the community, which is not something you need for what is already a niche title.

Sadly DLC is here to stay it seems. It nearly always has a bad effect on multiplayer gaming, that's my main gripe about it. I want to support Kunos, I like what they are doing, but at the same time, distributing content via DLC fractures the community, which is not something you need for what is already a niche title.

How do you expect them to make new content? They need to make money from this content.

Honestly I don't think this is going to be a problem. Simply because the content they release is such a high quality, anyone with any sense knows that the low prices they're selling it for is an absolute bargain, it's practically highway robbery.

I doubt many people will gripe about forking out a few extra dollars so that they can race some of the most amazing cars on the most amazing track in the world.

In fact, I'm open to just donating money to them for nothing, because I want to support them in making arguably the best sim racing experience ever created.

Last edited:
I've been burned before with buying DLC, for example having no servers to actually play the DLC content you have just purchased, or servers with such a high ping rate that it's unplayable. The cause of this was you had people from all over the world trying to connect to the few actual servers running the content, making it a total lagfest.

I agree, im sure it will be good quality, and I'm certainly looking at buying into it, however I just worry about the long term impact of DLC on a title. I preferred it when developers actually issued a full expansion. It split up the community less, and you generally got more content for your money too.

Th
I've been burned before with buying DLC, for example having no servers to actually play the DLC content you have just purchased, or servers with such a high ping rate that it's unplayable. The cause of this was you had people from all over the world trying to connect to the few actual servers running the content, making it a total lagfest.

I agree, im sure it will be good quality, and I'm certainly looking at buying into it, however I just worry about the long term impact of DLC on a title. I preferred it when developers actually issued a full expansion. It split up the community less, and you generally got more content for your money too.

I'm sure there will be no problem here with there being no servers etc, it's not like AC is a title with no followers etc.

I think the expansions didn't allow enough revenue for devs to continue, hence why the snaller DLC way is better and more profitable for them, they might be making AC because they are passionate about sim racing, but they got to eat too. :)

Regarding DLC, change is always hard but, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" and I see these new business models as being a way to survive in a niche market. I'm afraid we need to adapt as well or it may mean having no new racing-sims at all.

People can be very vocal about DLC's. Mainly because of bad previous experiences.

Given the quality of AC already and the pure passion of the Kunos guys, I don't think anyone should compare Kunos' DLS's to those of EA etc.

Besides, how can we expect to get new content for free? It is kind of selfish to expect and demand new content at no cost. Kunos pays for the new licenses and puts in the man-hours...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back