RTX 2080 upgrade ?

So if I was thinking about safeguarding for the future, would I be better to change my mobo and cpu (i7 6800k @ 4.4) to maybe an i9 + mobo ( I can get an i7 clocked to 5.1 )or change my gpu and so I can achieve better fps in vr, or would I be better waiting.

For VR, your current CPU is still good. I upgraded from a 1080 to 1080 Ti over a year ago. And as Miguel has mentioned, the 2070 Super pretty much matches the 1080 Ti. It is a good boost to VR performance over the GTX 1080. It's still not perfect, it still requires balancing settings. Which you can see in my RR tuning guide. But you'll get a stable framerate and it will look pretty decent too.

For a balanced VR sim racing experience, anything around the performance of the 1080 Ti is very good.

Thanks for all your help guys, that's why I love this forum everyones is so helpful. I think I'll go for the 2070 super :)
just hope the wife doesn't see lol

Great choice! Just bought one myself. I can recommend the MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO. It's a card with good cooling and it's already overclocked to 1800MHz (founders edition is clocked at 1605 MHz without overclocking).
Make sure to measure your pc casing before ordering! My casing turned out to be too small...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back