RTT Formula 1999 F399

Cars RTT Formula 1999 F399 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Alexandr Balanesco submitted a new resource:

RTT Formula 1999 F399 - Assetto Corsa F1 1999 mod, Assetto Corsa f1 1999, Assetto Corsa rtt f1 1999, assetto corsa formula 1

It is with great honour that we bring you the Ferrari F399 for Assetto Corsa.

This is one of the 11 cars from the 1999 season on which we are working. All cars will be available on our Patreon page.

Mod includes:
• Unique and extremely detailed 3D model, made from photos and videos
• Ultra-realistic sounds, made from high-quality videos
• Animated and wobbly parts
• Glowing exhaust and brake discs
• All drivers’ skins, helmets, and suits
• Support for CSP and vanilla game versions

Read more about this resource...

Hello. Brilliant work you got here, and judging by the timelapse video on the photogrammetry you did is enough proof for me to call it a honest work.

There are still few minor feedbacks I need to relay to you. First off is that the car seems to be a tad bit grippier than it supposed to be. I tried driving it at Interlagos and with basically default setup and soft tires I could nail 1:17.5 on Interlagos with less than 100% grip, 1:18 on average and 1:17 flat on theoretical. For reference, real pole time on that year's Brazilian GP was 1:16, and the fastest F399 on that same session was 1:17.5. Keep in mind that I'm nowhere as good as any sim racing pros, let alone real F1 drivers.
1711301758442.png

I'm not sure if it's related to that grippiness, but second issue is that the car's FFB is really heavy. I could drive other cars for more than 10 laps without any issues but driving this car made my arms tired after about 5 laps. I even cranked down the FFB level and it's still pretty heavy to me.

Third is that the driver model doesn't show up on CM showroom.
This is particularly unique because I don't think I can recall any mods with the driver model not showing up.
1711300349079.png

Speaking of driver model, the fourth issue is that it has Helmet_1985 helmet texture, yet in-game it loads the 2012 helmet. Maybe a mistake in data regarding the chosen driver model?
1711300595517.png

1711300661227.png

And the last thing is the same visual issue as what Raymond already stated above, but here I provide the comparison image between your F399 (left) and Kunos' F2004 (right). AFAIK they still had 13-inch wheel back in 1999 and there shouldn't be much of a change in wheel size in 2004. Again, minor nitpick.
1711301997278.png

As I already said above, this is a really brilliant honest work you got here and I'm sure any feedbacks, major or not would be valuable for future updates of this car. I will follow this project with great interest....

Hello. Brilliant work you got here, and judging by the timelapse video on the photogrammetry you did is enough proof for me to call it a honest work.

There are still few minor feedbacks I need to relay to you. First off is that the car seems to be a tad bit grippier than it supposed to be. I tried driving it at Interlagos and with basically default setup and soft tires I could nail 1:17.5 on Interlagos with less than 100% grip, 1:18 on average and 1:17 flat on theoretical. For reference, real pole time on that year's Brazilian GP was 1:16, and the fastest F399 on that same session was 1:17.5. Keep in mind that I'm nowhere as good as any sim racing pros, let alone real F1 drivers.
View attachment 740990

I'm not sure if it's related to that grippiness, but second issue is that the car's FFB is really heavy. I could drive other cars for more than 10 laps without any issues but driving this car made my arms tired after about 5 laps. I even cranked down the FFB level and it's still pretty heavy to me.

Third is that the driver model doesn't show up on CM showroom.
This is particularly unique because I don't think I can recall any mods with the driver model not showing up.
View attachment 740980

Speaking of driver model, the fourth issue is that it has Helmet_1985 helmet texture, yet in-game it loads the 2012 helmet. Maybe a mistake in data regarding the chosen driver model?
View attachment 740981
View attachment 740983

And the last thing is the same visual issue as what Raymond already stated above, but here I provide the comparison image between your F399 (left) and Kunos' F2004 (right). AFAIK they still had 13-inch wheel back in 1999 and there shouldn't be much of a change in wheel size in 2004. Again, minor nitpick.
View attachment 740993

As I already said above, this is a really brilliant honest work you got here and I'm sure any feedbacks, major or not would be valuable for future updates of this car. I will follow this project with great interest....
Thank you for the feedback! Appreciate it. I've just released an 1.01 update, which fixes white helmets (forgot to include the driver model with tweaked shaders), and will double check the wheel size.

Just as a note, the latest update does not show up in the resource list for whatever reason. Should be in the middle of those 2, so people are probably not getting notified.
1711389918415.png
1711389933736.png

It's there, just scroll down a bit.
Yes it is still there but a resource should go back to the top when it is updated. That will show users that there has been an update but it isn't where it should be, i.e. between those two in the image I shared.

Edit: it's not something you as an author did wrong or can do much about other than trying to release a new update. Was just to note that users probably did not get notified of the update.

Last edited:
Yes it is still there but a resource should go back to the top when it is updated. That will show users that there has been an update but it isn't where it should be, i.e. between those two in the image I shared.

Edit: it's not something you as an author did wrong or can do much about other than trying to release a new update. Was just to note that users probably did not get notified of the update.
Maybe it's because I've released a new version instead of updating the previous one.

I finally had the chance to drive the car today, I couldn't wait to give it a spin. :)
I noticed that FFB seems incredibly high: I had to lower it to around 70% to avoid clipping. In setup I kept the steering assist to 100%, which should be linear.
Is it expected to be like this?
I drove a few laps at Mugello and noticed a very big difference in terms of heating between medium tyres and hard: medium tyres become red after a few laps, while hard are fine. Is there really such a big difference? I drove with 26 degrees (I'll double check tomorrow to make sure I didn't change the temperature to a higher value).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back