RT Oulton Park - Early 1960s skin

Tracks RT Oulton Park - Early 1960s skin 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
shock_ submitted a new resource:

RT Oulton Park - Early 1960s skin - Bringing a softer look to the historic 54-72 layout

By no means a total conversion, and definitely not an accurate recreation, but perhaps a little bit more immersive when driving the historic layout of Reboot Team's Oulton Park.

Advertising and certain track features inspired by this video of racing in 1960:
- stills from that video are shown here.

Please install manually, as Content Manager won't notice the altered extension\ext_config.ini file, and will instead only install the texture overrides...

Read more about this resource...

Google or Duck-Duck, Reboot team assetto corsa or Trained monkey assetto corsa and you will find the site, directly.
That's the same destination as Breathe's spreadsheet. If you look at the page you linked you see Circuit Pau-Ville showing as "0.00 KB" - Oulton Park's download is unrelated. Thanks anyway though, perhaps it will pop up one day in the future - I'd love to try it!

EDIT: The good folks at the TMM Discord fixed the link ... huzzah!

Last edited by a moderator:
shock_ updated RT Oulton Park - Early 1960s skin with a new update entry:

Various improvements

• Some additional texture edits to buildings, fences and other structures
  • Changes to most of the signage (big thanks to @Pasta2000 for ideas and edits too!)
  • GrassFX now has slightly more attitude than before
Thanks to all those who have said kind things and provided constructive suggestions - but most of all, thanks to Reboot Team for bringing such a great track to AC in the first place.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good Afternoon Shock
Loving the track with your 60's skin, brilliant work. I have a small glitch (I have tried showing it with an image but all I get is it's to large :mad: ) Just as you come up to BRITTANS if you look up to your right you will see 4 squares floating in the air I think they may be the left overs from a modern lighting system, can these be got rid of ?

Mark

Good Afternoon Shock
Loving the track with your 60's skin, brilliant work. I have a small glitch (I have tried showing it with an image but all I get is it's to large :mad: ) Just as you come up to BRITTANS if you look up to your right you will see 4 squares floating in the air I think they may be the left overs from a modern lighting system, can these be got rid of ?

Mark
Ahh yeah I thought I caught those but must have left something in/out. Good thing I only bumped to v0.9.9 so far, thanks for the report.

Incidentally I didn't attempt to remove the light itself (only hiding the models where the emission comes from) , so driving this track at night there will be inexplicable brighter patches where the portable lights used to be.

EDIT: I'll probably let v0.9.9 marinate a little longer before posting any new update, but here's the quick fix (you'll need to save it overwriting the existing file in the skin , i.e. without the .txt file extension required to get it accepted by the RaceDepartment's uploader -- but it really is a text file!) This file will also fix another bug: the visible rear side of fences near the old gatehouse at Lodge Corner.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.dds.txt
    527 bytes · Views: 43
Last edited:

Updating to v1.0

• Various bug fixes: reverse side textures, floating artifacts, little alpha channel horrors etc
  • Texture revisions to some of the signage+buildings
  • Converted the grandstands to timber
I also added a secondary skin that simply reinstates the default track limit paint lines I removed from the main skin. Based on photos and videos from back in the day, the lines were there...

v2 - now using a dedicated track layout

If you use Microsoft Defender (Windows' default antivirus), add an exclusion for 7z file extensions while you download and install this, then put it back the way it was. Defender truly has jumped the shark.

View attachment 738591The download now installs a separate track layout, which is used to activate the skin changes handled by CSP. No hand-edits required to the original ext_config.ini file, and the whole thing is...

@shock_ I’m not at my PC, think you only reduced the amount of balloons.
Oh no! There's definitely more stuff there than simply a reduction of things in the models file. Perhaps it didn't install for you correctly? I did a bit of testing to make sure v2 "should" apply over the top of earlier releases, as well as on a clean rt_oulton_park installation, but I did notice Content Manager sometimes didn't pick up all the changes even after it installs things until CM is closed and re-opened again.

I'm keen to make sure everyone's successful with it, so please let me know exactly what you're seeing when you can.

Sorry was not complete, was talking about the reducing of the flying objects in your upgrade. :redface:
What did you exact reduce here.?
Easiest to see by comparing the `models_internationalnochic.ini` for the original layout with `models_skinned-60s.ini` which is for the newly-introduced layout. There are a few balloons, airliners and a couple of helicopters that won't be invoked on this skin's track. I've left in the blimp and a couple of balloons.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back