Resource icon

Misc RSS GTN engine rework 1 B

Login or Register an account to download this content
TL98_RD submitted a new resource:

RSS GTN engine rework - Even the best thing can be improved

We all know that "Even the best thing can be improved" so, i decided to adjust the rev limiter for the 2 RSS GTN cars.

What you need?
RSS GTN pack
Content Manager

INSTALL

1) drop the 2 data.acd files in the respective car folders
2) open CM, go to the cars, hit the 3 vertical dots and then click on "recalculate values using UI"

if you so fancy, sou can adjust AI values for upshift on both cars

Very important: MAKE BACKUPS!

and now, fire 'em up and go on track!

Source...

Read more about this resource...

ive dropped the files in but I didn't make backups ,,,,im a idiot
you always have the downloaded mod files!

on CM, when you click on the 3 vertical dots, a menu will appear with 3 choices; you click the second one which is "recalculate using UI"; this will also take some hints from the data.acd file.

you should now have a new power graph and if you did everything correctly, the red power bar should stop somewhere (i.e. the porsche should stop at 8250 rpm), you can click and drag on the power bar for proof and if it's accurate, move on to the 360.

Hi TL98_RD,
I am curious about this engine rework for the two RSS GTN cars. I have a couple of questions - 1. Briefly what does the engine rework do to the cars in terms of actual driving behaviour. 2. You mention performing the retune on A.I. I noticed in the ai.ini file in the unpacked data folder there is reference to upshift values. Is that what you are referring to? If so would I need to manually edit the file then repack? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi TL98_RD,
I am curious about this engine rework for the two RSS GTN cars. I have a couple of questions - 1. Briefly what does the engine rework do to the cars in terms of actual driving behaviour. 2. You mention performing the retune on A.I. I noticed in the ai.ini file in the unpacked data folder there is reference to upshift values. Is that what you are referring to? If so would I need to manually edit the file then repack? Thanks.
1) from my experience, the driving isn't affected
2) yes, kind of

1) from my experience, the driving isn't affected
2) yes, kind of
Thanks for the reply TL98_RD. Sorry to hassle you with follow up questions but…
If the driving experience doesn’t change then what does the engine rework ACTUALLY do?
Also, your answer to my second question doesn’t really help. What would be required to change the A.I. up shift value?
I really like the RSS GTN cars so whenever I see mods for them I’m always interested, hence my questions. I understand if my questions are too complicated to answer so won't be offended if you don’t respond in detail. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply TL98_RD. Sorry to hassle you with follow up questions but…
If the driving experience doesn’t change then what does the engine rework ACTUALLY do?
Also, your answer to my second question doesn’t really help. What would be required to change the A.I. up shift value?
I really like the RSS GTN cars so whenever I see mods for them I’m always interested, hence my questions. I understand if my questions are too complicated to answer so won't be offended if you don’t respond in detail. Thanks again.
1) it just lowers the max rpm to be more period correct (i may be able to tweak also the shift light)
2) you just need to unpack the existing data.acd and open the ai.ini file to modify the upshift (or even downshift) rpm for the ai; for example, if the 996 gt3 is capped at 8250 rpm, i set the ai upshift to 8200

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back