RSS Formula 70 real tire brands

Skins RSS Formula 70 real tire brands 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
shadow118 submitted a new resource:

RSS Formula 70 real tire brands - Real tire brands for RSS formula 70

Real tire brands for RSS formula 70

Contains GoodYear, Firestone, AVON and Dunlop tire textures. Both slick and treaded.

To install - copy the rss_70_tyres.zip file from the desired brand's folder in the download and paste it into the skin folder. Overwrite when asked.

This will change the textures in-game for that specific livery.
If you want to see the change in the showroom too, you need to open the zip you pasted, copy the 4 textures and place them directly in the skin folder.

Feel...

Read more about this resource...

Doesn't work.
I copied the slick and thread folders of Firestone in Firestarter folder. But nothing change.
The instructions are not quite precise, indeed.

OK, found.
In the single skin folder... Ok.
A little tricky.

Last edited:
Doesn't work.
I copied the slick and thread folders of Firestone in Firestarter folder. But nothing change.
The instructions are not quite precise, indeed.
I didn't say to copy them to Firestarter folder. Those folders in the texture/tyre_textures folder are just backups of the originals. You need to copy the selected tire's zip file to the specific livery's folder

I didn't say to copy them to Firestarter folder. Those folders in the texture/tyre_textures folder are just backups of the originals. You need to copy the selected tire's zip file to the specific livery's folder
Yes, was my bad.
I apologize.
I read your instructions but I didn't think RSS had changed the way it handled the textures. Because copying them for each livery is inconvenient. Unless it was done for the replica of the actual liveries that will be accompanied each by the corresponding tires.
Sorry.

I am having a strange problem, I copy the zip file of the brand of tire I want, into the skin folder as you have instructed, in this case Avon brand, but when in game at the track and I select slick tires in the setup, it comes up with Firestarter! Also I noticed the treaded tire is Avon slick, the slick is Firestarter slick and the rain tire is Avon rain.. Why is this happening? Is there a texture mismatch or some other files I need to change or delete? I also tested this with the Goodyear tires and the very same issue happens but with Goodyear as with Avon.. I haven't tested the other brands. Can you please help?

I am having a strange problem, I copy the zip file of the brand of tire I want, into the skin folder as you have instructed, in this case Avon brand, but when in game at the track and I select slick tires in the setup, it comes up with Firestarter! Also I noticed the treaded tire is Avon slick, the slick is Firestarter slick and the rain tire is Avon rain.. Why is this happening? Is there a texture mismatch or some other files I need to change or delete? I also tested this with the Goodyear tires and the very same issue happens but with Goodyear as with Avon.. I haven't tested the other brands. Can you please help?
I don't have rain tires, or the CSP version with rain. That might be messing things up.
Check the ext_config.ini, it should have these lines
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_G]
TXDIFFUSE = rss_70_tyres.zip::tread/tires_front_tread.dds
TXBLUR = rss_70_tyres.zip::tread/tires_front_tread_blur.dds
TXNORMAL = rss_70_tyres.zip::tread/tires_front_tread_N.dds
TXNORMALBLUR = rss_70_tyres.zip::tread/tires_front_tread_N_blur.dds

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_S]
TXDIFFUSE = rss_70_tyres.zip::slick/tires_front_tread.dds
TXBLUR = rss_70_tyres.zip::slick/tires_front_tread_blur.dds
TXNORMAL = rss_70_tyres.zip::slick/tires_front_tread_N.dds
TXNORMALBLUR = rss_70_tyres.zip::slick/tires_front_tread_N_blur.dds

What you could try is copying the paragraph for treaded tires (the one with G, all 5 lines), and changing the G to R/Rain/W/Wet (I don't know which one) and see if that fixes it? Theoretically that should make the rain tires look the same as treaded tires.
If it doesn't work, then I'm not really sure what to do

I don't have rain tires, or the CSP version with rain. That might be messing things up.
Check the ext_config.ini, it should have these lines

What you could try is copying the paragraph for treaded tires (the one with G, all 5 lines), and changing the G to R/Rain/W/Wet (I don't know which one) and see if that fixes it? Theoretically that should make the rain tires look the same as treaded tires.
If it doesn't work, then I'm not really sure what to do
Yeah that seems to fix the Firestarter texture coming up instead of the proper brand textures but it causes the CSP rain tire texture option to disappear.. Is there a way to include wet tires?

Yeah that seems to fix the Firestarter texture coming up instead of the proper brand textures but it causes the CSP rain tire texture option to disappear.. Is there a way to include wet tires?
I think rain tires are added by CSP, I don't reall know how that works. As I don't have the patreon preview version of CSP, I can't really test it.

Also, did the 70s cars even have rain tires in the first place? :D

I think rain tires are added by CSP, I don't reall know how that works. As I don't have the patreon preview version of CSP, I can't really test it.

Also, did the 70s cars even have rain tires in the first place? :D
yeah dunno how that works.. as soon as I added those lines you showed, the CSP rain tire option is gone.. so it must be a specific line of text I guess

haha! yeah they had rain tires back then.

Great mod, thanks! I seem to be having an issue with cars running Firestones. I drop the Zip file into the skin folder of the car then start the sim. When I choose "grooved" in the menu, the tires on the car are Firestones, but when I choose "slicks" I still see Firestarter.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%