AC RSS FIA GT @ Nurburgring GP Circuit - Sunday 29th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race!

Very tight qualification. Then started second. At the beginning I was able to keep up with Laurent, but then I had to give up. At some point the distance remained constant and I was hoping for a mistake. But that didn't happen. Really great cars. I'm now looking forward to the championship.

As always a great event. :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed that, this is a great circuit, but that last chicane is an insult to a race circuit.
Who ever decided to put that in this circuit, is a nut case. ( I should say two bleeding lumps of concrete, the chicane is probably ok with out those concrete lumps )
But it is the same for all of us. Unfortunately managed to punt two innocent drivers off, sorry about that, got too ambitious.
Well done to all that crossed the start finish line, podiums too, crying out for a full field. Got a bit lonely at times.
:)

Finally got a good race out of these cars :thumbsup: Surprised I qualified p3, but knew it would be tough to keep with race fuel and medium tires. Had a good first half chasing Rob for my spot then Richard post pit stop for 5th until Ernie caught us both. Got a free spot back at the end, but happy just to finish with the pack

Looking forward to the championship. Let's see what this viper can do with some long straights :cool:

Thanks for hosting Brian. And I agree Ernie, need some more engine noise on the grid :roflmao:

I was actually really tired and didn't practice at all so I first thought about skipping the event. But I wanted to see how the Ferrari 550 felt in race condition. I think it is one of the tougher cars in the pack to be consistent with. So I joined any way. Not much time to work on setup, so I tried some slight diff changes, front arb and tire temps and that was it.. it felt pretty good, but I think the default setup feels pretty good on these cars.

Qualifying was close with Hank, trading fastest laps. The chicane part I was quite cautious as it threw me off a few times before. In the race I pulled a gap to Hank. From there I could control the pace. After pitting I came out behind Ernie who seemed to be struggling with his worn tires. On the straights however the Lister pulled away but that is to be expected.

So good race despite being really tired, I'm glad I was able to remain focused all the way through. Hank had a strong pace in the Lambo which is a pretty well rounded car I think.

@Interslice Before picking a car for the championship, could you tell me where the Ferrari 550 sits compared to other cars in straight line speed? I wonder how much the BOP affects it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Enjoyable racing last night :) Thanks to all who entered.

Somehow made my way up to the podium without making any overtakes. 1 undercut and the rest were mistakes by the cars ahead.
Made a nice undercut on @Programmer_Rich , almost lost the position instantly in T1 locking the brakes (watching richards pit exit out the side window...) but managed to defend through t2 and t3 and escape!

Decent warmup, although I still don't know which car to choose!

Congrats to Laurent and Hank.

See you all for Round 1!

.. last chicane is an insult to a race circuit.
Who ever decided to put that in this circuit, is a nut case. ( I should say two bleeding lumps of concrete, the chicane is probably ok with out those concrete lumps )

The circuit is pretty accurate going by this video from 2 years ago. Would the slow chicane better for next time? Might make an overtake possible. A pass rarely ends well with the gt chicane!

@Interslice
Yes, you are spot on, I have tried the GP course chicane, which is undoubtedly much worse.
I think these cars are so quick, it is difficult to get these lumps to turn and brake efficiently, the chicane seems to aggravate the whole situation, it is what is though.:O_o:
With gt3 cars you can really get on the brakes and get the car to turn in, making the GT course chicane much better.
You or should I could never get that sort of trail braking, without the help of ABS as in gt3 cars, for me it would be an understeering receipt for disaster.:)

@Interslice
With gt3 cars you can really get on the brakes and get the car to turn in, making the GT course chicane much better.
You or should I could never get that sort of trail braking, without the help of ABS as in gt3 cars, for me it would be an understeering receipt for disaster.:)
Well, most of it is also thanks to the down force the GT3 cars have over the GT1's from the 90's.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back