RR Racing Experience Closed Beta Soon!

I got mine as well.
Can't say i am impressed though. I think GSC2012 is far superior in physics and ffb.
Oh well, i guess it will have its own fan following.
Different strokes for different folks. I think exactly the opposite to you. I think GSC is way off. But we could both be running with incorrect FFB settings and thus might be missing the plot in those games.

My question is though, what can we still look forward to with Raceroom. Online racing, dedi servers, modding, skinning etc etc. It will mean the difference between purchasing it and not bothering. I really like it, i think its the ultimate, but no online league racing with my friends and i wont spend a cent on purchasing it. So where can i look to get a glimpse into the mind of Simbin.

What i am trying to say guys , is that for my taste, RRRE feels a little muted, filtered if you wish. For example, i drive a year 2000 Audi S3 in real life, this car has old style gas pedal control (not electronic) and hydraulic support for the wheel. I drove the latest S3 a month or so ago, and i got that phony feeling, i cant really describe with my bad english but it felt distant and too filtered for my taste. Electronic gas control and electric steering. This is the feeling RRRE also leaves me with. But as craig said, different strokes for different folks i guess.
Also, it doesnt help that when playing RRRE on my 40" TV the menu's text look like crap for some reason.

Edit: Typo :)

What i am trying to say guys , is that for my taste, RRRE feels a little muted, filtered if you wish. For example, i drive a year 2000 Audi S3 in real life, this car has old style gas pedal control (not electronic) and hydraulic support for the wheel. I drove the latest S3 a month or so ago, and i got that phony feeling, i cant really describe with my bad english but it felt distant and too filtered for my taste. Electronic gas control and electric steering. This is the feeling RRRE also leaves me with. But as craig said, different strokes for different folks i guess.

Edit: Typo :)
I have a 2001 s4, which is a great car.. But the newer ones have EDL something to do with stability and traction, The steering feels numb with no feeling and you never feel fear of losing control. Its quite the opposite in this game, the weight transfer is good and feels well. Do you use tc or anything?

Hey guys, just an update from my experience, for some reason:
1) The selection of "Get Real" driving model didn't "stick" when i selected it so i ended up trying the easier driving model OR
2) Since i am pretty sure i selected the Get Real driving model, maybe a bug prevented it from actually working? I dont know,but after the latest update things have changed, so ill give this beta a couple of hours of driving with the Get Real driving model and let you know (As if you care :p )

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.