AC Round 16 of 23 Formula Agile@Orchard Thu, 14th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
orchard.jpg

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

On September 14th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive in Singapore on the stunningly beautiful Orchard Road Street Circuit Ext. track made by our fellow RD member @legionofracers . Join the practice server for some quick laps!
First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).
The race format for this round is: two 25 minute races, pit stop is NOT mandatory. The second race has a starting grid reversed from the result of the first race.

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Orchard event area.

Practice server is up!

Last edited:
Good choice of track as a Singapore replacement. Sorry Paul for the absolutely stupid mistake in the second race. I was far too close in a sector where I couldn't and didn't want to overtake. I destroyed your race and mine too. I will learn from it. A lot more people really need to get involved. They don't even know what they're missing. Really great races and this long season, great! :thumbsup:

Good choice of track as a Singapore replacement. Sorry Paul for the absolutely stupid mistake in the second race. I was far too close in a sector where I couldn't and didn't want to overtake. I destroyed your race and mine too. I will learn from it. A lot more people really need to get involved. They don't even know what they're missing. Really great races and this long season, great! :thumbsup:
No worries Hank, I had a good run in the first race without any mistakes and always had a eye on you faster guys because I knew you would get by sooner or later.
I must admit I didn’t expect you to try that move there in race two and I thought maybe I had braked a bit too early but thanks for the apology and waiting. I was all over the place after that but got it together in the last few laps to catch up to Han.
You are right though, these cars are great fun and give a real sense of formula racing and in particular on street circuits like this you know you have been in a race. Looking forward to Suzuka.:thumbsup:

What a crazy race day for me. First race I got around a number carnages and wounded up in 5th :redface: in, I think, lap 2. And I was driving pretty steadily without drama, albeit slow (I was 2 second off pace on this great circuit). Then pulling onto the front straight, AC just froze. This was literally the first time, it never did that in the middle of a race or practice! I think some one was behind me not too far, so I don't know what my car did in the race. But what I saw was my car frozen in time, engine howling at 8k rpm, but not going anywhere. Hopefully I didn't cause anyone else grieve, sorry if I did. I had to kill AC to get back to the server. But I did manage to finish the race.

Race 2 went crazier. On lap 13, into turn 7, my brake pedal broke and I spared straight into the guard rail. I was so mad I got up to look at what happened to the pedal. Then I realized I had left the car on the track. I quickly went back to the control and teleported back to the pit. But I think was not on the racing line, so again, hopefully didn't cause trouble for anyone.

Oh well, on to Suzuka. I am hopeful (always hopeful :)) to do better there.

I have to echo Paul and Hank, even with my miserable driving, I am still having lots of fun learning in good company and with a great car and tracks! When I get it right (relative speaking of course), this car is just so much fun to drive.

Last edited:
It was certainly a combo that separates man from mice. I was 2,5 seconds of the pace on such a short lap. Humiliating to be lapped within only 25 minutes. But I totally agree with Paul that I really think that I have now a better idea of what F1 drivers experience this weekend in Singapore.
I'm in favor to continue to use this car after the F1 season even with these small grids.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 461 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.2%
Back