AC Round 14 of 23 Formula Agile@Zandvoort Thu, 24th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Pressure sensor aka "Druckmessdose", in principle a strain gauge
( "Dehnungsmessstreifen") behind a membrane ;)
View attachment 690759
Aha, so basically a liquid-proof wet-loadcell :roflmao::roflmao:
I have seen these pedals at £300, the chap was dithering and not sure if he was going to buy them,three pedal set.
I did offer to buy them as a back up set, why I am not quite sure, but as soon as I said that he immediately bought them.
There nothing like someone else being interested to focus their attention.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Hehe yeah the human mind can be complex but forcing a decision by planting the thought/feel of NOT getting something can be very intense :D
It's a good check for yourself too. Instead of thinking about keeping something or giving it away, think about someone else getting it.
And if that thought drives you crazy, read up on possessiveness disorder haha.

I actually thought about converting my Moza load cell pedal to a hydraulic one by buying a used kart brake set, hook up the master cylinder to the pedal and put the load cell in between the caliper pots :)
I´ve been toying with thoughts like that for a while now as it lets you keep the OEM electronics.

Before you buy stuff do the math on mechanical and hydraulic advantage so you get useable outputs (and don´t crush your loadcell:confused:)

Hydraulic brakes have the advantage (sic) of high clamping force on the rotor with relatively small force on the lever.

Just my 10 cents worth.
As much as I like my HPP hydraulic pedals and it would take something special for me to replace them. I am thinking about the £4000 simcube active pedals, but not on the wrong side of a lottery win.
I would happily use Heusinkveld sprint pedals and not miss my hydraulic pedals, apart from their aesthetic appearance.
But their bulk and life size weight and the certain feeling a hydraulic pedal gives. All that does not make them better than a set of sprint pedals with their 100% reliability.

I´ve been toying with thoughts like that for a while now as it lets you keep the OEM electronics.

Before you buy stuff do the math on mechanical and hydraulic advantage so you get useable outputs (and don´t crush your loadcell:confused:)

Hydraulic brakes have the advantage (sic) of high clamping force on the rotor with relatively small force on the lever.
Yes, this is a very good point and what stopped me from doing it (also, the problem that originally made me thinking of doing this was fixed mostly). My rough calculation indicated I needed to do a 10:1 reverse leverage to match the force ranges of the pots and the load cell. I would have to machine some parts that would be very expensive.

Just my 10 cents worth.

I would happily use Heusinkveld sprint pedals and not miss my hydraulic pedals, apart from their aesthetic appearance.
But their bulk and life size weight and the certain feeling a hydraulic pedal gives. All that does not make them better than a set of sprint pedals with their 100% reliability.
Agree. I started thinking of mod my pedal because it's design wasn't ideal, which I didn't realize until I got the unit. The Moza CSP brake pedal has pedal actuation force transmitted to its load cell via rubber damper and spring of equal length in series. It's software calculates actual braking force using both the load cell and a pot measuring the displacement of the spring. This makes half the brake force position based. I have no clue why Moza did it this way which makes absolutely no sense. Fortunately their software is flexible and I was able to make an insert to short out the spring. Now the spring can compress only ~10% which I configured as dead zone to simulate the gap between brake pad and rotor. Now the pedal works exactly how I would have expected a load cell pedal should.

So until I have some time to mess around and spare cash, I am happily driving with my Moza pedal.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%