Rosberg vs Schumacher

Ignoring 99, and the recent years, schumacher has never once lost to his teammates. During 94-97, the williams was widely acknowledged as the fastest car. In 98-00, the mclaren was widely acknowledged as the fastest car. The only man to even get slightly close to these cars was schumacher.

But you have too look at the individual (wet) races to really see who is really the best of formula one:
1996 in Spain 1997 in Monte Carlo and 1998 in Belgium (until his crash) were some of the greatest drives ever.

If Schumacher wasn't at Ferrari in 1997 i would bet my house they would of came 3rd that season.

But if he was in a Williams he would have won by a country mile.

Also interesting on this topic, if 2011 was decided on the 2002 points system, he would have beaten Rosberg 11 vs 8, while Rosberg would have beaten him 31 vs 26 on the 2009 system. So clearly Rosberg is very consistent, but only because he tries to stay out of trouble.

Remember also he mostly defeated Alonso 2006 when the Renault already was the better car. And Alonso was and is one of the best drivers of all time.

And I saw the Race of Champions December 2011 when he defeated great drivers like Vettel and Button.

I think he still has the speed. In the races he is close to Rosberg but the car sucked for both.

I am absolutely certain that Schumacher can stay as long as he wants to. If not for anything else (and there is plenty going for him), he is absolutely invaluable for Mercedes marketing purposes.

I am absolutely certain that Schumacher can stay as long as he wants to. If not for anything else (and there is plenty going for him), he is absolutely invaluable for Mercedes marketing purposes.
It´s up to Mercedes. He obviously wants to fight for wins and for that he needs a car capable of doing that.

I just don´t see them doing that without any weird regulations or loopholes considering we have three mega strong top teams already.

does everyone also forget schumacher in the early nineties he was always in the action and very quick even in slower cars. His benetton was a lot slower then the williams.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back