AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Mugello(Live Stream) - Friday 19th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I agree with ears:
I actually don't mind being hit it's almost comforting .

( I Must have spent too much time in open servers.)

Well this wasn't one of the best races in the world for me, after having so many issues with my Rift and TS before the race, drivers changes and so on, I decided to race just using my monitor instead which is SO hard to do after having used VR in AC now for so long.

I had a pretty good get away off the line from P9 and got in between a couple of cars heading down the straight towards T1 however the gap was slowly getting smaller, I moved a little prematurely towards the left where I then collected @MirNet (sorry about that buddy) in the process after which I ended up on the grass apron, I tried to stop myself coming back onto the track in front of the field however I couldn't which lead to the mess on the pit straight, so to anyone that was caught up in that please accept my apologies, that not at all how I usually do things, however on this occasion that was all me :unsure:

After recovering as best I could from that I overtook a few cars and then ended up behind @Mushypee trading lap times but not getting within more than a second of him, however with a bit more time and getting a little more comfortable with the car I think I'd have slowly reeled him in as I had just got into the 2:10's.

Anyway, thanks for the race all and to those who organised it, all being well I'll have everything sorted for the next one with a few less issues at the start.

For me the big difference here is if you're racing in the back half of the standings, you still get competitive, polite racing. I used to get pissed off in the public races because it was wild in the bottom half there and you were going to get knocked around a lot.

If I'm brutally honest about my racing mentality, I like close racing where I have a chance of getting past.

If I'm running high up, around where I qualified, then everyone ahead of me is quicker than me. If I get a little knock, and I end up lower than I qualified, in a well mannered and considerate race like tthis, then I'm going to gett some fun racing.

As it happens, after the little knock I had today, I still came out 4th, and everyone ahead of me was still quicker than me!

WAAAAH I just watched it through again while it was uploading and it was just as intense the second time too!

I mean knocks, punts, lap times, qualifying positions, race positions, none of it matters really. How lucky am I? That, of an evening, I can wander down the garden to my office, sit in front of that wheel, put that helmet on, and participate in that race?

It knocks my socks off. I was IN that race. Jeroem WAS to my right, he WAS to my left, I could look and see him (mostly he was in front and you don't need VR to see that, but you get the point!).

Thanks for your kindness, Chris! 14:17: still hurts me:mad:. I probably wouldn´t have mentioned if it hasn´t been for the lead of the race. I wanted this way too early. Looking forward to the next race! I love these cars and the concept of a fixed setup!

Last edited:

That was some epic stuff. I can see why you could catch me fairly easy on the straights now. The amounts of body roll in my car, especially on corner exit is huge :confused:. Losing so much momentum there. Nevertheless we had a great fight (sorry to the guy I knocked off on P2 when closing the door) and I'm looking forward too more of these races! :cool:

Great start of the race, made up a few positions, then got taken out by someone dive bombing me once again, I think I've got a magnet for people crashing into me (this guy wasn't even near the yellow in heli corsa when I was going into the corner), tried to close the gap after but was too hard with not getting slipstreams either.

This is probably cliché and I'm not really the one to say this but most of are novices, me in particular, however please try be a gentleman when racing, the race isn't won on the first lap, if you struggle to stop without locking up too i'd recommend putting ABS on, auto clutch and auto blip, it'll help with control a hell of a lot and when you start to get more confident try turning them off.

I really do struggle to enjoy these rookie races when i'm being taken out by someone on all of them :unsure:
I did not know if I had ABS on or not, I thought you could not change any settings with it being a rookie race (thought all cars were the same). :thumbsdown:. Thanks for the info though and it's something I will look into for the next race:thumbsup:. What is auto blip?.
I'm new to all this and just trying to find my way.

You can't change the car setup but you can use every assist but stability control.
Auto blip is: when you shift down you need to match the revs to not lock up the rear wheels or generate some braking from the rear (Front at FWDs). Normally you would need to heal-toe to do that under braking. Auto Blip does that for you :)

Last edited:
I did not know if I had ABS on or not, I thought you could not change any settings with it being a rookie race (thought all cars were the same). :thumbsdown:. Thanks for the info though and it's something I will look into for the next race:thumbsup:. What is auto blip?.
I'm new to all this and just trying to find my way.

It's not very obvious to find, the UI kinda sucks, it's under the summary tab before you join the server, yeah as rasmus said ABS and TC are optional and I really find they help so I can jam on 100% brakes without locking up :thumbsup:

It's not very obvious to find, the UI kinda sucks, it's under the summary tab before you join the server, yeah as rasmus said ABS and TC are optional and I really find they help so I can jam on 100% brakes without locking up :thumbsup:
If you have some unused buttons you can put ABS, TC, brake balance etc. on that buttons. You can switch them ON TRACK.
Also you can go in the setup tab while you are in the pits and under find them under "electronics" (was gone for a day or so due to the update).

You can't change the car setup but you can use every assist but stability control.
Auto blip is: when you shift down you need to match the revs to not lock up the rear wheels or generate some braking from the rear (Front at FWDs). Normally you would need to heal-toe to do that under braking. Auto Blip does that for you :)
Heal-toe! do you want me band from racing? I think AUTO Blip will do:)

Would you say most people use ABS and TC. Watched a video posted after race and he never seems to lock up under breaking.

Would you say most people use ABS and TC. Watched a video posted after race and he never seems to lock up under breaking.
Well I have ABS always on when I can! With cheaper pedals like my G27 it's almost impossible to be fast without it!
TC almost always off, only on with fast cars like GT3 (this TC let you apply some slip before cutting off throttle!). In the MX5 I lose the feeling for the throttle and when it starts to slide with TC on I am lost!
Stability control always off! It slows you down.

Auto Blip always on and I use my shifter pedals, not the H-Shifter. We are Rookies, we have other problems than that :)
And automatic clutch of course!

It's now good to sign up (we are at Brands Hatch).
Little question: I know AC doesn't have that many tracks but maybe you can tell the reason why we go again to Brands' and went again to Zandvoort with the Abarth? I am not complaining (could improve massively and liked to go back with the Abarth!) but just wondering :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%