AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch Indy - Friday 26th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
had a few moments when i bottled it, but that gave me the opportunity to have some great battles with tymon and ernie, with my highlight of the race passing ernie on the outside of paddock hill bend, finishing it through the hairpin, that was a great battle and i thoroughly loved it :)

Thanks for the race all. I was actually able to keep up a little. I want to say sorry to who it was I bumped after parking it sideways on the main straight with about a minute and half or two left in the race. I think it was second I'm not sure. Sorry :redface: my brain and feet weren't cooperating. Have a good weekend all.

had a few moments when i bottled it, but that gave me the opportunity to have some great battles with tymon and ernie, with my highlight of the race passing ernie on the outside of paddock hill bend, finishing it through the hairpin, that was a great battle and i thoroughly loved it :)
Amazing race indeed, and i got trolled by the blue flag.

Thanks for the racing guys, it was great fun. I was, however, a bit shocked at the lack of adherence to RD rules by some drivers. I understand that this was a rookie race, but there is a link to the rules in the OP of every event thread. There is no excuse for not knowing the rules IMO - ignorence is not a valid defence.
My personal pet hate, is people who consistently fail to stay within track limits. The rules are crystal clear
"Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels."
I don't see any reference to whether this means on the inside of the turn, on the outside, on entry or on exit. So what it means is keep a minimum of 2 wheels inside the line at all times... So to me, that means if you put more than 2 wheels outside the line (including on exit from the corner) you are breaking the rules. In my mind, that means cheating. I even saw guys at the very front (I was being lapped, but this is not sour grapes.. I'm a stickler for the rules) doing this, so I find it hard to call these guys rookies.
Sorry chaps, but I believe one should say it like it is.
Shame because the combo and the racing were great fun.
Thanks again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back