AC Rookies: Formula Abarth @ Vallelunga (Live Stream) - Friday March 24, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A little update: your laps where an eye opener @ionONE1 . I watched them again and again with VLC and with low speeds. I printed Valelunga on a sheet of paper and wrote down max speed before corner, possible POIs for braking, the gear you used for cornering und the lowest speed. Then I went ingame and changed brake pedal settings like you described and the sound options. After a few laps I was able to beat my fastest lap time and was going quicker lap by lap. Which means every lap was faster than a lucky lap from the event.

After that I was watching replay and comparing it to my sheet. I saw, that I could carry more speed into some corners. I returned to the track and was beating my time goal. I am really happy now to gain a second! :inlove:

Perhaps I shouldn't overshoot with telemetry and messing around with setups and stick to the golden rules, which I learned from @Bram and added with the things learned today and want it to share:

0. Don’t overdrive your car, sliding means loosing time. Be as smoothly as possible. Don’t get angry and rude to the car :), that won’t make you faster.

1. Don’t miss the apex and always try to use the full road

2. Focus on a good exit, its better and safer to get slow in and fast out. Try to get as fast on the accelerator as possible.

3. Try to find safe braking points and find POI (like a kerb or a marhshall) so that you are able to find them driving on track.

4. Try to use 100% brakes, which doesn't mean the pedal has to show up 100%, but to use the available grip 100%. With aero-cars you have more grip with higher speed, therefore you can use more brake-pressure initially. But for high speed corners you don't want to upset the car, then don't use that much brake-pressure.

5. Use some gas for up-shifting. this will result in less engine load transfer and more engine brake.

6. Divide the corner into following 4 parts:

6.1 Braking at 100% (see 3. and 5.)

6.2 Use Trail-Braking. The more you turn your wheel the less you can apply the brake. Do it very smoothly. Don't give any throttle (On some cars it's better to give about 10% throttle for the differential and avoid understeering). If you are to slow and you think you should hit throttle you are going too slow into the corner. Because applying the throttle will result in understeer and you think you can't go faster but you could have.

6.3 Hit the apex. After that you can give throttle smoothly. With straitening the wheel you can apply more. If you have to get of the throttle again, you get to early on it. If you have any road left on the exit your where to late on it.

6.4 apply full throttle on the exit.

7. If you have done lots of laps and you are consistent, you can start messing around with setup (you can do some basics like gear ratio before).

If there are other things, please let me know.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back