AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Magione - Wednesday 24th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That track was so slippy, my best qualifying and best finish, dead happy with that, some really close racing going around the left into hairpin 3 a breast with Rupe and Lesley :thumbsup: I wish I could have held 8th because i had a 5 second gap at one point but just got caught into a oversteer slide too many times

Awesome race guys! At first I was thinking it will be a big fail for me, but at the end it was great fun. Had some extreme battles with Mr. Rasmus, Lind and Ernie!

xx66Qec.png

ry5YAch.png

Big sorry @Kurupt CDN for the push in the first lap! You let open the inside and I wanted to slip through. Sadly my rear end slipped instead and although I was smashing the brakes: I divebombed you :unsure::sick::ninja:
Hope you could still enjoy your first(?) AC race!

Ah, thanks, that simresults website is sooo cool. I checked out my own JSON file but bizarrely it seems to be missing the actual race date (just prac & qually).
Turns out I was quickest in sector 1 (yay! ;)) and rather poor in sector 2 (boo...).

Big sorry @Kurupt CDN for the push in the first lap! You let open the inside and I wanted to slip through. Sadly my rear end slipped instead and although I was smashing the brakes: I divebombed you :unsure::sick::ninja:
Hope you could still enjoy your first(?) AC race!
No worries mate that was actually my fault...i reacted to false info given to me by the crew chief. I knew you were behind me and mid corner the crew chief said on your left and i briefly saw an arrow in my top left....so I went a bit right and came across your nose and by the time I realized crew chief was talking about the guy infront it was too late.
After that it was just hotlapping where i toke the time to learn the car and was able to lap in the low 23s.
Overall it was a fun first experience, I need to tweak my TX settings as I was finding it very difficult to get a good feel on the cars grip and was more or less going through turns hoping for the best lol
I was finding the body weight shifting over powered the tire details and all i was getting was a heavy feel after intial turn in than it would stay heavy if i had grip but if i didnt it went light.....like an on/off switch hard to tell when I was nearing peak grip.
Ill post my settings later and hopefully one of the AC gurus can steer me in the right direction :)

Thanks again RD for putting this together!

Awesome race guys! Had some extreme battles with Mr. Rasmus, Lind and Ernie!
Yeah we were quiet a pack haha. Was fun to battle with you! :)
No worries mate that was actually my fault...i reacted to false info given to me by the crew chief. I knew you were behind me and mid corner the crew chief said on your left and i briefly saw an arrow in my top left....so I went a bit right and came across your nose and by the time I realized crew chief was talking about the guy infront it was too late.
After that it was just hotlapping where i toke the time to learn the car and was able to lap in the low 23s.
Overall it was a fun first experience, I need to tweak my TX settings as I was finding it very difficult to get a good feel on the cars grip and was more or less going through turns hoping for the best lol
I was finding the body weight shifting over powered the tire details and all i was getting was a heavy feel after intial turn in than it would stay heavy if i had grip but if i didnt it went light.....like an on/off switch hard to tell when I was nearing peak grip.
Ill post my settings later and hopefully one of the AC gurus can steer me in the right direction :)

Thanks again RD for putting this together!
For me the abarth is not really a car with great feedback.. I can understand you!
To the hit: driving assetto corsa has one big advantage: the helicorsa app :) I can recommend to download it!
It was still my fault but I am happy that you don't blame me for it :)

Last edited:
Ah, thanks, that simresults website is sooo cool. I checked out my own JSON file but bizarrely it seems to be missing the actual race date (just prac & qually).
Turns out I was quickest in sector 1 (yay! ;)) and rather poor in sector 2 (boo...).
You get those graphs as mentioned above, but if You want to upload the proper json file it's a little bizzare. You need to exit race till the next session start, 'cause it will overwrite the file. It's sad that Kunos didn't change that. And I'm not 100% sure how it works, 'cause sometimes I need to go before "black screen and pitstop", and other time after it. It's like saving the replay. Test in in some other free online races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back