AC ROOKIE EVENT | GT4 @ Bikernieki - Sunday 28th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Enjoyed that, but the poor old Porsche was somewhat limited here, I had to wind down the feed back, it is so stiff and the damping, which you cannot adjust is also, well, let’s say well damped.:roflmao::roflmao:, the bumps played havoc with the wrists.:(
Had the privilege to watch Fulvio when he lapped me, always teaches me something.:thumbsup:
The rest were a load of battles, normally I let people go, but mainly this time I went all competitive.:O_o:
That I enjoyed very much, well done podiums, and no off’s , so a well done to all I came across, some very fair racing.

84927C2C-A5B0-491B-87C5-CBBDFB57556D.jpeg

Dang, I missed a lot of posts because I went on track earlier and never looked back.
Thanks for all the advice gentlemen, in the end I think it worked out just fine.

With some more practice I started getting a feel for the car and was able to adjust the set up and that made a huge difference in handling. Especially the back wheel camber, somehow that had much more impact than what I was expecting.
I still had to drive with TC on as my confidence in the car is not yet that high.
I already knew the track from the Mazda rookies event from last Tuesday so it was just a matter of adjusting for the car.
The "larger MX5" analogy was good, too bad the Abarth is my main drive on Wednesdays. :roflmao:

In my point of view the race went quite well - no problems in T1, everyone kept it really clean.
During the middle of the race felt I could get more out of the car which is good, but decided not to push to the unknown limits and risk messing things up.
In the last 10 minutes things were quite stable and I thought "this is it!" until I lost focus and missed a brake line to end up in the barrier. :( That's something I am familiar with and still need to develop: endurance. Happens quite frequently on Wednesdays as well.
That crash immediately put in range of 3 more blue flags, just to keep things interesting.

Final verdict: I was scared of jumping into GT4 due to being at the bottom of the grid in the Mazda vs Abarth series, but this is quite fun and more controllable than I thought (at least the Ginetta).
I think I will be joining the Sunday sessions when I can.
Next time with ballast and restrictor. ;)

Congratulations to the podium (Fulvio lapped me twice! What a pace!) and thank you Brian and Robert for organizing it.
See you next time.
- Ricardo

Fun race today guys. As always, impressive driving all around, but especially nice work by Fulvio, Hank and Paul at the front and also by GT4 first-timer Ricardo.

Considering my first time on this track was when I showed up for the pre-race practice session, and the only major incident I had during the race was getting launched by a wicked curb, I'll take this as a good day on the track.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get recruited by the Porsche factory team to drive their LMP1 car at Le Mans based on my simracing skills, so I'm just content to have some fun and try to put in a good drive. If I can improve my skills through take-away lessons along the way, that's always a bonus :O_o:

Apologies to Jason for the mix up at T1 about half way through the race. I was trying to pull off and let you pass but I guess my intentions weren't clear from your perspective. I appreciate the kind gesture of waiting for me, but totally unnecessary. I was trying to tell you to continue on, but I guess you were not on Discord.

Ok, see you at the next one.
d

No need to apologize dominic, by the time i realized what you were doing it was to late as the car naturally runs wide there and i couldn't stop it. I was on discord but could not hear anyone, it was fine on Thursday so not sure what went on there.

(...) I was on discord but could not hear anyone, it was fine on Thursday so not sure what went on there.

I experienced something similar. Even though I changed nothing when Dominic came online I could barely hear him over the sound of the car. Initially I though it was just his mic that was too low but when more people joined and started speaking the problem continued.
Thinking the problem was on my end I did the following:
  1. Increased output from 100% to 200% in discord. Not enough boost.
  2. Decreased master volume of Assetto Corsa from 100% to 50%. Enough to hear the sound but not enough to understand the words.
  3. Put on a headset. Having the source closer to the ear helped understand the words. There were still a few people with quite low sound but at least I could now understand everyone.
Maybe I'm just going old and deaf, but such a big change in a short spawn plus the fact I was not the only one tells me this might be problems/changes in discord.
Let's see what happens on the next race...

I experienced something similar. Even though I changed nothing when Dominic came online I could barely hear him over the sound of the car. Initially I though it was just his mic that was too low but when more people joined and started speaking the problem continued.
Thinking the problem was on my end I did the following:
  1. Increased output from 100% to 200% in discord. Not enough boost.
  2. Decreased master volume of Assetto Corsa from 100% to 50%. Enough to hear the sound but not enough to understand the words.
  3. Put on a headset. Having the source closer to the ear helped understand the words. There were still a few people with quite low sound but at least I could now understand everyone.
Maybe I'm just going old and deaf, but such a big change in a short spawn plus the fact I was not the only one tells me this might be problems/changes in discord.
Let's see what happens on the next race...
Yes, I believe Discord did an update or something recently. I did a race with the rF2 guys on Thursday, and when I opened Discord, I noticed that all my settings were blown up. I had to login and set up everything again including the output and input source.

BTW, I often have trouble hearing people talking over the engine noise as well. In an effort to resolve, I turned the Master Volume in AC down to 80% and the Engine noise to 65%, and I also wear a headset. This seems to work ok for me now.

We were using the rookie channel on Discord, I originally went in on our normal channel until I realised I was alone so not sure if you did the same Jason?

Also, you can adjust the individual volume of every player. If you click on their name in the panel on the left of screen there is a slider to enable balancing out individual too quiet/ loud players.

Last edited:
We were using the rookie channel on Discord, I originally went in on our normal channel until I realised I was alone so not sure if you did the same Jason?

Also, you can adjust the individual volume of every player. If you click on their name in the panel on the left of screen there is a slider to enable balancing out individual too quite/ loud players.

We were on that same server last Tuesday and I did not notice any problem then.

Thank you for the hint on the individual people volume adjustment, I was not aware of that!
I'll give it a try if problems persist in the future.
:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back