AC ROOKIE EVENT | GT4 @ Bikernieki - Sunday 28th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Brian

I have the Guerilla mods GT4 pack. It is free to download once you register etc.

They are very nice cars but I haven't seen them on RD so don't know about their provenance.

They do appear to be a lot like the ACC version but not sure where they came from originally or the legallity.

Ok thanks, after almost 800 hours in AC I got it....:O_o:

But now it bothers me that there are "head movements". Is there a way to turn this off?

The 2 main ones for that are lock to horizon, which you want off. And, g-forces also needs to be off.
Neck effects is a CSP feature you want to check is off also.

Hello, I don't think I'm nowhere near ready for a GT4, but hey! It's a rookies race so why not give it a shot?
I've already registered in Emperor with the Ginetta LHD, but need everything else.
Thanks, see you tomorrow!

- Ricardo
don't worry, i'm sure you'll kick butt. that ginetta is pretty easy to drive, you'll get the hang of it in no time. cya

don't worry, i'm sure you'll kick butt. that ginetta is pretty easy to drive, you'll get the hang of it in no time. cya

Yesterday had a few trial runs with AI.
Let's just say it did not end well... none of them :roflmao:
This goes much faster than the Abarth or Mazda I'm used to, and if the conditions are right it's more gripier. But when the conditions are not right... I just can't recover the car.

This is also a completely different way of driving for me - from shifter to pads and unable to use engine braking properly (not that I should be relying so much on it in the first place, so maybe there is something good to learn here).

So my plan is to drive extra careful and extra slow.
Of course with the adrenaline of the race it can very quickly all go out the window, but at least for now those are my intentions.

See you soon!
- Ricardo

You should be fine Ricardo, you have 2 seconds a lap advantage to the Porsche and probably the Maserati too, and you are a good driver, so it should be fine.
You have ABS and TC to fall back on, although the TC is not exactly fail proof, it gives you enough time to react.
There is just one corner that is bound to collect a few, but slow in fast out is probably almost as quick as the kamikaze approach.
:)

I find thinking of the Ginetta as a big MX5 helps me drive it to its limit.

Unlike gt3s, the Ginetta doesn't snap back if the rear gets a little loose in the corner. More like the Mazda, I brake, throw it in there, use the momentum to slide the rear a little, then feather the gas to reign it back in and go.

As Ernie said, earlier braking, then earlier on the gas is a fast way around the track in it.

I can share a set up once we're all on the server if you want.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back