rF2 ROOKIE EVENT (Freemium) Mazda MX-5 @ LimeRockPark Sun 29 January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Do you see servers if you don't enter anything into the search field/box?
Did you hit refresh?
yes, if i leave the search field blank, many servers come up. and yes, i tried hitting refresh.

do you think my ping is too high or something? or perhaps because i'm far from the server?
screen 2.jpg

Last edited:
not that i know of...
curiously, i can play on the RD servers when i use AC without any trouble... for some reason, i can't see the RD servers here in rF2. i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

not that i know of...
curiously, i can play on the RD servers when i use AC without any trouble... for some reason, i can't see the RD servers here in rF2. i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.
I doubt you're doing anything wrong. Just a glitch. Go to the top left on Steam page and select View/Servers and set the filter for rFactor 2 and see if they show up. If that doesn't work go to Steam/SteamApps/Common/UserData/Player and delete the multiplayer.json file. Restart rF2 (will auto generate a new one) and try again.

I doubt you're doing anything wrong. Just a glitch. Go to the top left on Steam page and select View/Servers and set the filter for rFactor 2 and see if they show up. If that doesn't work go to Steam/SteamApps/Common/UserData/Player and delete the multiplayer.json file. Restart rF2 (will auto generate a new one) and try again.
cool, let me try this out. i must say, you guys are super-helpful, i really appreciate it!

fyi, i did make some small changes to the .json file a couple of days ago, based on some info from a youtube video on how to improve the AI behaviour. but i was careful to only modify the AI items as per the video instructions....

not sure if that was the same (multi-player). json file though... damn youtube videos...

Last edited:
I had forgotten about that. :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm not on my gaming PC right now but I reckon THIS link should do it?
> tried deleting multi-player .json file, then restarted rF2 = didn't work. servers still not showing
> went onto steam server list directly, the RD servers not there either...

frustration starting to get to me, gonna put this aside. thanks for trying to help me.

the only other thing i'm wondering about: does steam have regional servers that it funnels you into? i'm actually in mexico currently, at our place in baja. does that make a difference?

the only other thing i'm wondering about: does steam have regional servers that it funnels you into? i'm actually in mexico currently, at our place in baja. does that make a difference?

Shouldn't, I've raced on servers located in the US, Australia and New Zealand from Norway.

I'm also really at a loss of what the issue can be when you see some, but not all servers.

> tried deleting multi-player .json file, then restarted rF2 = didn't work. servers still not showing
> went onto steam server list directly, the RD servers not there either...

frustration starting to get to me, gonna put this aside. thanks for trying to help me.

Sorry buddy.
If we work it out we'll get straight back to you.

@dbx71 can you check something for me please. Start the game and go in the game setting and look in the network section your connection type, i know that rFactor 1 that had an effect on how many servers you could see. Here's a pic of my setting for the network.

Untitled-1.png

@dbx71 can you check something for me please. Start the game and go in the game setting and look in the network section your connection type, i know that rFactor 1 that had an effect on how many servers you could see. Here's a pic of my setting for the network.

View attachment 634950
Hi Yves;
ok i looked at that. my settings were different. not sure why it used those settings as default. see below.

i changed it to what you show... and i tried some other of the network settings. unfortunately, that didn't do anything either... sorry to bug you guys with this stuff. i'm not trolling you i promise ;-]

fyi, i did an internet speed test and i'm getting 59.33 download, and 5.43 upload.

maybe i can try to find answers on my own, i don't want to trouble you with this. i really appreciate all the effort. i just wonder if others have had this problem.

screen3.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea