rF2 ROOKIE EVENT (Freemium) Mazda MX-5 @ LimeRockPark Sun 29 January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
guys, i figured it out! it's in the steam settings for in game browser. here is post that explained it.

Well done on figuring this out. :thumbsup:
rFactor gets a lot of flac - much of it is deserved, but sometimes it turns out to be an issue with Steam that adds to the reputation of rF2. OC, as you have said, you are not getting this issue with AC through Steam, but it still may not be rF2 at fault.

On a side note. Rare as this problem seems to be, I think it's worth posting a thread about it - including the solution - in the rF2 forum. That way, the next poor soul who has the same issue will (hopefully) have an easier time finding the way to fix it. :thumbsup:

Is it required to join the discord?
Good question. :thumbsup:
No it's not a requirement. If you don't like Discord for some reason that's perfectly fine. I would ask people to join where possible, because I won't have time to type all of the guidance (from the quick guys) or my instructions regarding rules, etiquete, etc.

If you do decide to join the channel, there is no requirement to speak. In fact, there is no requirement to event have/own/turn on a microphone. If you are are able and willing please join and listen in. If not, I will type instruction where I can.

Everybody is welcome and everybody is a valued member of the group. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately lost my connection a few laps in and lost 4 laps before I got back on track. Then forgot to add extra fuel to my set so had to save for quite a while. Other than that no huge mistakes and just kept out of everyone's way.

Hi Michael, I was watching. Looked like you had damage ? The car looked undriveable.
Thanks for joining and supporting the event. Hope to see you again soon.
Not sure but think I just drifted too much and had overheated the tyres constantly and couldn't cool them down. Made the setup too oversteery probably. Also should have mounted another rim, opposite lock with a GT wheel didn't really work for me.

Good race... Okay... I deleted my rant about Discord.
I uninstalled Discord.
I unplugged my wheel and shifter from their respective USB ports.
I rebooted my computer.
I ran a registry cleaner.
I re-installed and plugged in all the stuff I un-installed/unplugged.
Now it all works the way it should... Properly... lol : )

The race itself was a blast! I really enjoyed it! I hope that more of these types of races continue to 'pop up' from time to time!

Thanks for hosting... I'll be at the next one!

-Bryan

Last edited:
Thanks to all who joined tonight and well done on your respectful driving.

Unfortunately I changed into 3rd gear when I wanted 5th. Blew the engine on around L10.
The good thing was that I could watch the action. There were some great races going on right through the field. WD to Sam & Paul up front... unlucky Paul, I didn't see what happened. Maybe you tangled with a car whilst lapping somebody?

Well done Mick on 4th place in your 1st event outside of F3 Fanatics. WD Jack Smith on a steady race and to Ken for the same.

Well done to Paul and Stephan who both had to leave the race (Paul had internet dropout) but rejoined as soon as they could. And of course Michael who was having real problems with the car but kept going as long as he possibly could.

I think this was a good event for our first Rookie event in rF2, I hope you all enjoyed it. I'll be running another one in a couple months time or so. Please keep a lookout for that one and come along and support the event.

Thanks again everybody.

See you soon.

Thanks Denis.

I had a crash to desktop when I dropped out the first time. After rejoining several settings (mirrors, seat position, I’m not sure about FFB) were back to default. My focus on driving was terrible today so I called quits a few laps early. My better half was waiting on the sofa and I couldn’t justify driving around like a monkey a few laps down any longer. Next race, next chance to make it better

Thanks Denis.

I had a crash to desktop when I dropped out the first time. After rejoining several settings (mirrors, seat position, I’m not sure about FFB) were back to default. My focus on driving was terrible today so I called quits a few laps early. My better half was waiting on the sofa and I couldn’t justify driving around like a monkey a few laps down any longer. Next race, next chance to make it better
We'll keep a seat warm for you. :)

great fun today on the track guys. nice driving all around. thank you for hosting these events for newcomers such as myself trying to get up to speed with rF2 and the rest of the racing sims.

it was nice to meet you all and i look forward to the next event.

one question: when the race ends, do lapped cars need to finish up the last lap after the checkered flag, or is the race over for everyone at that point? how can we see the final standings...? just out of curiosity. i think i teleported to the pit early and ended up losing a position... not that it matters too much at this point, just so i know for the next time.
cheers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years