Romain Grosjean: Stay or Go?

Massa: “If he took the penalty because of what he did with me, that’s completely wrong,”

I guess Massa knows better than anyone here...

Not really. The penalty isn't for impeding Massa, it's for overtaking outside the white lines. It's not allowed and that's all there is to it. Whether it was an impressive overtaking maneuver isn't taken into account when someone breaks the rules.

Then again, it's not surprising many here people come up with this kind of response because people don't really seem to understand that rule in Codemaster's F1 games either :rolleyes:

Not really. The penalty isn't for impeding Massa, it's for overtaking outside the white lines. It's not allowed and that's all there is to it. Whether it was an impressive overtaking maneuver isn't taken into account when someone breaks the rules.

Then again, it's not surprising many here people come up with this kind of response because people don't really seem to understand that rule in Codemaster's F1 games either :rolleyes:
Is the driver with the nose in front allowed to move once and squeeze the overtaking guy off the track?
As far as I was aware, he could e.g massa but then after Rosberg at Bahrain a few years back and then seb at monza last year I.m no longer sure. What's the ruling on racing room? If the squeeze is allowed then grosjean should have given place back, if not, he could argue he took evasive action. My gutt is telling me that massa was allowed to defend like that as button did it to vettel at German last year...i think lol

Is the driver with the nose in front allowed to move once and squeeze the overtaking guy off the track?
As far as I was aware, he could e.g massa but then after Rosberg at Bahrain a few years back and then seb at monza last year I.m no longer sure. What's the ruling on racing room? If the squeeze is allowed then grosjean should have given place back, if not, he could argue he took evasive action. My gutt is telling me that massa was allowed to defend like that as button did it to vettel at German last year...i think lol

You're not allowed to crowd another driver off the track as soon as a significant portion of his car (i.e. the front wing) is alongside your rear wheels. However, that only applies to straights. As far as corning behavior goes, the driver on the inside (if he is alongside the other) has the "right to the corner", which means that the driver on the outside needs to accommodate him. This is why overtaking on the outside is so difficult.
I personally would have preferred it if Grosjean hadn't received a penalty because it was a cool move, but rules are rules.

If he stay, it will be purely down to his Total sponsorship.

He's far too inconsistent and costly to be there on merit.

But he is faster than Kimi on many occasions although he was inconsistent yeah .. he is pushing too much. If not he would have been both in Nirgburing and in Budampest ahead of Kimi Raikkonen

He's only faster than Kimi when Kimi gets himself into a less than favourable situation.

He never out-performs Kimi. Kimi just occasionally (and VERY occasionally) under-performs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back