Resource icon

DiRT Rally ROCKET v2 - Immersive Head Cam for Dirt Rally 2015-06-22

Login or Register an account to download this content
TemplarGFX submitted a new resource:

ROCKET v2 - Immersive Head Cam for Dirt Rally - Enables Body and Head inertia simulation

Here is version 2!

This is much better, but a lot more subtle. I figured out how the original movement code was intended to function, and set it up as best I could. It turns out its pretty awesome!

The camera is joined to the head, which is joined to the body, which is joined to the anchor. The Body and Head have individual inertia, centering and dampening settings to control how they react to G-Forces. The result is a more realistic head movement inside the car, braking causes leaning...

Read more about this resource...

The FOV is far too wide like it is zoomed backwards or away and everything is out of perspective like looking thru a fisheye lens. Sorry but thought you should have some feedback, not saying it to upset you.

The FOV is far too wide like it is zoomed backwards or away and everything is out of perspective like looking thru a fisheye lens. Sorry but thought you should have some feedback, not saying it to upset you.

No that is quite alright! Whats actually happening is that you need to lower the ingame FOV slider to your liking while on the headcam. By default the slider only changes +-2.5 from set FOV, on the Head-Cam I expanded it to about +-45 degrees from set FOV. as a result you need to put it around 20% to get the original FOV you are used to. Now though if you want it a bit wider, you can go to 30 or 40%. It has minimal impact on the other cameras so you don't have to edit the slider each time you change cam.

Really good work. I don't normally race with this view, but setting the FOV to 0.3/30% really has enhanced the enjoyment. I can finally drive well with this view at long last. The subtle movements are excellent. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this, and I'll look forward to any further enhancements or mods in the future.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back