Robert Kubica

I don't think Ferrari will necessarily make Alonso the No. 1 driver from the get-go. They just want to win, and don't really care who does it for them. I'm fairly certain that if Kubica is having the better season, it will be Alonso who'll be hearing the "Robert is faster than you!" :D

Hampus 2008 was the first season from about 12 years where drivers started equal but after several problems they had to make Kimi N2 for this year. I think it was the first time in years when the driver with higher number was N1 in Ferrari :)

Not in Ferrari :) There Alonso is N1 as it was Schumi. Between 96 and 06 excluding 99 only Schumi was always N1 no matter how the other car performed. For me if Kubica goes there he'll be the starting N2 unless something extraordinary happens. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Not in Ferrari :) There Alonso is N1 as it was Schumi. Between 96 and 06 excluding 99 only Schumi was always N1 no matter how the other car performed. For me if Kubica goes there he'll be the starting N2 unless something extraordinary happens. I hope I'm wrong of course.
That was because he was quicker.

The reason they told Massa to move over in Hockenheim was because he was very slow compared to Alonso.
Vettel was catching them both so as a team why risk Alonso because Massa can´t increase the pace?
All teams have through all time done team orders. Ferrari were the only ones doing it in the open. Most teams do it a bit sneakier.

If Kubica in Australia and forward constantly beats Alonso then he will eventually presume the role of a nr1 driver.
The year after it will be equal again and then whatever happens, whoever is the quicker one, that is the person Ferrari will support.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait and see what happens because it's not 100% sure that Kubica will join them at all. The main point is if Ferrari and McLaren want to win WDC they need to have two strong drivers to take points out of the competitors but only one clear leader. In 2008 Hamilton was lonely fighter against both Ferraris in 2007 they were too busy to fight with Alonso instead of Kimi and Massa. It was the same in 2010 and 11 where Ferrari clearly decided Alonso to be the N1 since the start of the season. The bad point is that in McLaren they can't decide and let their drivers to race and this causes huge point loss. There were so many occasions in 2011 where Hamilton was faster but they didn't tell Jenson to let him past (Turkey, Canada at the start and other tracks).

Unfortunately we'll have to wait and see what happens because it's not 100% sure that Kubica will join them at all. The main point is if Ferrari and McLaren want to win WDC they need to have two strong drivers to take points out of the competitors but only one clear leader. In 2008 Hamilton was lonely fighter against both Ferraris in 2007 they were too busy to fight with Alonso instead of Kimi and Massa. It was the same in 2010 and 11 where Ferrari clearly decided Alonso to be the N1 since the start of the season. The bad point is that in McLaren they can't decide and let their drivers to race and this causes huge point loss. There were so many occasions in 2011 where Hamilton was faster but they didn't tell Jenson to let him past (Turkey, Canada at the start and other tracks).

Yea of course, i just went with the assumption that Kubica would get the seat in this case for the discussion.

Alonso decided himself to be nr1 when he was 75 points a drift and decided to win Monza, Singapore and Korea by himself.
He had no aero parts that wasn´t on Massa´s car. They both have two teams and they both get help.
The thing you do as a nr2 driver is to support your teammate in the races, this is impossible if they on purpose makes Massa´s car slower.
The fact was that he was slower then Alonso pretty much every race, so he put himself in that position.

Mclaren are a good team, they let the guys duke it out on track for 2010 and 2011 in Turkey.
Hamilton if i remember correctly was vitorious in both of those occasions. You can´t say they same about Red Bull where when Webber was the faster man in Silverstone for example they told him to back off.
Probably because Vettel took them both out in Turkey..

Again, it all depends on the performance of the driver, no team will deliberately make one car slower then the other, that´s stupid.
As you say yourself you need two cars to take points with.

Massa has put himself in nr2 by his performances not because Ferrari dumbed his car down.

Alonso also said 10 months ago that Schumacher is still the one he fears most.

Clearly he just says what everyone in the press at that moment - i.e. the ones asking the questions - would like to hear.

EDIT: Another one on Schumi 2 weeks ago: http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/403492/Alonso_says_Schumacher_still_the_benchmark/
Are you sure?

When asked, by TotalRace, which F1 driver he would most like to challenge in any form of race, Alonso did not hesitate in his response, “I would choose Michael Schumacher, who will always be a champion for all of us, because we respect a a driver who was seven times world champion. He is a driver who has nothing more to prove and was always very fast.”
Even though 42 year old Schumacher has not yet scored a podium finish since returning to F1 in 2010, Alonso believes that the Mercedes GP car has done little to help the German in his comeback.
“We know that in Formula 1, the car is the most important part and we know that Mercedes did not have a very good year. But I believe that if they have a competitive car, capable of winning races, both [Nico] Rosberg and Michael can be favorites. We have to respect them,” said Alonso.

He´s just giving him respect because of his domination back in the day. Not saying he is the best driver on the grid.

Are you sure?

He´s just giving him respect because of his domination back in the day. Not saying he is the best driver on the grid.

(CNN) -- Ferrari's Fernando Alonso has told CNN Sport's Don Riddell that Michael Schumacher is still the fastest driver on the Formula One grid.
Speaking ahead of the opening grand prix of the season in Melbourne, Australia, Alonso -- himself a double world champion -- believes that seven-time world champion Schumacher remains a cut above his rivals.
"If Formula One was 24 cars exactly the same, then Michael would be the driver I would fear most," revealed Alonso.
"If you look down the list of drivers on the grid for 2011, then one name stands out above the rest, Michael Schumacher.
"Michael is a seven-times world champion and is a legend in Formula One. We have to respect him because he has the ability and talent to do well this season."

Guys, this is going off-topic, the last two pages is about Alonso and what he did or did not say.. Back to Kubicas recovery.

The fact that his hand is still in bad shape tells the extent of the injuries. I believe it's nervedamage and that may take up to ten years to heal if it heals ever.. Speculation but i fear the worst, allthou look at Zanardi, he doesn't have legs and he's a winner.. maybe Kubica will return as the first onehanded driver. I hope not, i would prefer of getting him back in 101% shape.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 4.5%