Resource icon

Tracks RoadAtlanta_2016 Repaired AIW file 2022-01-09

Login or Register an account to download this content
Trying an older track from 2007, converted by DutchDevil...
Tiregrip values differ in gdb-files. These values is playing a part in AI behavior.. It has been said before.

( Sorry , Cookie error, no picture )
Check these two gdb-files.. Four * grip-entries.. Completely different driving experience. What can we do with that .?

Attachments

• diff in gdb.jpg
    diff in gdb.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 71
Yep ok, I see. So I have experimented with the AIDryGrip. I found that it simply makes the AI faster in the corners. I presumed it would make them slide less in tricky corners, but the AI just calculates the corner speed and goes more quickly.

I would use these values to balance the track. If the AI is slow in the corners, you can easily lift it. Likewise, you could lower it if they are too fast. It will not affect straight-line speed.

The RoadDryGrip is for the player or you. This setting can be used to make lap times similar to real-life times.
So I guess for the ultimate experience, I would adjust RoadDryGrip until I could do a good time on the track comparable to real life. Then change the AIDryGrip until they are competitive. You can also use the WorstAdjust, MidAdjust, BestAdjust, In the AIW to fine-tune, remembering that the difficulty slider in-game will adjust this. And any setting over .9 will make the AI use full throttle.

And then, If you want, do the same thing for the wet grip.

I would encourage you to make a copy of the track folder as a backup and then start adjusting the values one at a time.
And test it out and see for yourself what the settings do.

Keep asking questions, there are some people on the forums here that know a lot about this stuff.

Last edited:
Agreed, thanks a lot, Speednut357. Trying right now, to re-create in that older track, the good stuff from the 2016-track. Just swapping, with your AIW-file was a no-go, because the pit is located on the opposite side of the track.. :)

Sadly I could see no improvement, the AI shoots off into the gravel at turn 1 just like they did with the original AIW file for Road Atlanta. Still, I commend you for trying.

Sadly I could see no improvement..
Yes, your right.. sorry for the delay.
I did +200 laps on Puebla, starting Thursday and over the weekend, in many cars.
Now, during extensive testing and closely watching my Replays I want to say, that Drivepath is now OK, thanks to speednut357.
AI's BrakeBias needs some adjustment, locking up RearWheels.

Aw.. Testing a Qual Race 5 laps in Rain : the Mini 1.46, AI = 1.53 good but too slow... fuel OK., only solution is more WetGrip. Next, trying that.
Stand by..
I have been turning a few laps on Road Atlanta. I lowered the AIBreakingStiffness to (0.9,0.9,0.8). Just so the Ai wouldn't brake so perfectly that I couldn't keep up. Over an eighteen-lap race, If I am friendly to the tires, I can catch the front AI as their tires get soft at the end of the race. The AI set is pretty tame, so there is reduced erratic swerving and bumping with settings like the following.
AI to AI Collision Rate =18
AI Min Radius=0.10000
AI Max Load=32000
slowwhenpushed=0.04
AIDraftstickiness=0.98
AIMinPassesPerTick=2
AITorqueStab=1.2,1.25,1.00

Your fine-tuning on the Drygrip Values is having a more significant effect than I thought it would.

Last edited:
Right now we have zero AI going off track, in first corner, no pile-ups.
The Player now have some problems ;).
* Only some struggle / bad braking / going over crests [ in Rain only, even at 105% ] . AI is very hard to defeat, in Dry.

Next, inserting your new numbers..
Cheers.

Just did 10 Laps in Dry in the Mini..
AI in front and back, was a static picture in my mirrors ! No lap record. Me, doing continous 1.41.
The most intense Practise, ever. Rain needs som fixing. Do you want the Replay file ? :whistling:

Replay AI at 95%, it was. Forgot to give you that.
.. Wondering if AI's settings is somehow inherited / coming from last Race session, when doing Practice.. It sure cannot only be the Grip settings, or... You thought much about that , speednut357 ?

Ok back on to Road Atlanta the last American track that is not available for Race 07. I did a few laps and I think I have the latest AIW settings. I will post them here and hopefully you can compare them to what you are driving with. Then we can patch any differences.
I see in the Track read me file that there is this sentence.

Thank Uzzi! which was kindly given permission for the conversion of its release system Rfactor, worm the SimBin platforms (GTR2, GTL & Race07 series)

I presume this means we can upload the Track for everyone to enjoy.

[Waypoint]
trackstate=411
drivinglines=1
autogengrid=(-1,9)
autogenaltgrid=(-1,9)
teleportwp=(795)
pitlanepaths=(7,9)
times=(94.9304,300.8420)
multilinetimes=(313.4987,340282346638528860000000000000000000000.0000)
number_waypoints=1087
lap_length=4083.559326
sector_1_length=1597.609375
sector_2_length=3157.608887
LeftHandedPits=0
FuelUse=65864
AIBrakingStiffness=(0.9,0.9,0.8)
slowwhenpushed=0.04
DelayPitCrewLoad=0
LaneSpacing=4.5
ultracarefulyellow=0
GrooveWidth=6
GrooveWidthWet=4.3125
IntermediateFogLevel=(0.0000) // Combined wetness factor where intermediate values are used (sunny fog values are in SCN file!)
IntermediateFogPlanes=(0.0,0.0) // Fog planes at intermediate wetness
RainyFogPlanes=(0.0,0.0) // Fog planes at full monsoon
IntermediateFogColor=(0.0,0.0,0.0) // Fog color at intermediate wetness (RGB, 0-255 each)
RainyFogColor=(0.0,0.0,0.0) // Fog color at full monsoon (RGB, 0-255 each)
FogDensity=(0.00000,0.00000) // Fog density only works on some video cards (intermediate, monsoon)
RainyDarkness=(1.00000,1.00000) // Overcast light value, monsoon light value
GarageDepth=(2.5000)
WorstTime=(0.0000)
MidTime=(0.0000)
BestTime=(0.0000)
WorstAdjust=(0.90)
MidAdjust=(1.00)
BestAdjust=(1.10)
QualRatio=(1.0100) // Used to adjust AI speed in qual compared to base values
RaceRatio=(1.0200) // Used to adjust AI speed in race compared to base values
AIDraftStickiness=(0.98)
CheatDelta=(0.0000,0.0000,0.0000)

And my GDB settings, this is where I think you had done more work and I need to adjust these

RoadDryGrip = 1.0
AIDryGrip = 1.20
RoadWetGrip = 0.80
AIWetGrip = 0.85
PlayerTireWear = 1.0
FrontTireHeatMult = 1.10
RearTireHeatMult = 1.10

Got it, m8. :thumbsup: Thank you.
A few laps.. Not enough, I think..
Cheers, later (alligator) :)

[ sorry, wrong track loaded..]
:D