Tracks Road Atlanta 2021 - WIP

@Johnr777 Will this release include the short config that goes straight at the end of the esses to join the backstretch? We use that layout a lot for slower cars on Simracing.GP, and while I'd love to replace the less-accurate version we're currently using with yours, I wouldn't want to give up the short config. Thanks!

Edit: Just read the OP more closely and my question is answered. A shame, but I get it!

Last edited:
I totally understand if you don't want it to be part of your 2021-spec Road Atlanta. To me, though, part of the beauty of sim racing is that we can race tracks that don't exist anymore. And that short config is hella fun in MX-5 Cup cars.

Oh no no.. that would be silly!
Yeah, a bit of an overreaction... When you spend your short 2-3 late night hours on this for the past 3 months, only to read that its a 'shame' my decision doesnt align with those of the online racing community... not the most pleasant thing.

But anyways, LilSki convinced me when he said "100% replacement of the crap one" :D

Will work on that tonight

Yeah, a bit of an overreaction... When you spend your short 2-3 late night hours on this for the past 3 months, only to read that its a 'shame' my decision doesnt align with those of the online racing community... not the most pleasant thing.

But anyways, LilSki convinced me when he said "100% replacement of the crap one" :D

Will work on that tonight
I'm sure he didn't mean it that way and he said he got it. I even reacted with a thumbs up to his post as a possible nice to have, but I had no idea that shortcut was decommissioned.. I'm all for realism myself. Looking forward to the release of this great track! Thanks for putting all that effort in!

To be clear, the only "shame" is that we won't be able to replace the janky short config we're currently using with a better one. Everything else is gravy, and as I said I'm very excited to experience your work.

To be clear, the only "shame" is that we won't be able to replace the janky short config we're currently using with a better one. Everything else is gravy, and as I said I'm very excited to experience your work.
No worries, as I mentioned earlier, short layout will be added.

You can thank LilSki... he threatened to do it himself... and I dont want his greasy / low talent hands on this :D

You guys do know that every little piece of content is added dev time now and in the future? It's not like even adding a different layout, or a different version of the same car, is a free job. You'll also need to maintain it.

Nobody skips doing content because they're lazy and unambitious, they skip content because they've included too much in the past.

Screenshot_gt4_audi_r8_jr_road_atlanta_14-8-121-2-25-36.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back