Road America Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The famous Road America circuit is now available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience!

The beautiful 14 turn 6.541km race track located at Elkhart Lake in America has been released for Sector3 Studios RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, available now in the RaceRoom Store for £4.38.

Much like many of the more historic US circuits, Road America has done well to avoid the frustrating and often character destroying modernisation that plagues its European cousins, remaining largely true to its original form as this winding track takes the driver on a tour of some fiercely fast sections intermixed with technical and challenging corners... with gravel traps!

This latest circuit release from Sector3 Studios is a welcome return to one of the American greats, and in my humble opinion one of the visually most impressive and detailed circuits created by the Swedish development studio.

Road America for RaceRoom Racing Experience is available to purchase now.

If you can't make it to the gaming rig at the moment, but want to get a taste of what the track is all about, then don't forget to check out our preview drive recorded last week:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

RaceRoom Road America Released 1.jpg
RaceRoom Road America Released 2.jpg
RaceRoom Road America Released 3.jpg

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried Road America yet? What are your impressions of the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Is the environmental lighting better on this track than the other RRRE releases?
I've always found that to be the one aspect I do not like in this game.
The sky... even on what are supposed to be sunny days always seem to cast an artificial 'greenish' tint.
80% of the time, I can barely see the direction of the upcoming corner or where the track is going because of it.
What are your feeling on this RA version as it relates to lighting versus the other RRRE tracks?
The road surfaces and surrounding buildings look very detailed by the way.

The surface feels too smooth and i was really bored driving it with a Porsche GT3 yesterday. Seems it's not that smooth IRL and I prefer the pCars 2 version by far. So please give us some roadfeel...
PS: SimVibe was doing nothing apart from some engine-vibrations even every effect is active. So where is the road-mesh?

Last edited:
The surface feels too smooth... and I prefer the pCars 2 version...

Put close to 300 miles on the track last night and I have to agree on both points, as well as the iRacing version and the AMS mod seems to hit closer to the mark. The track feels a bit cramped to me in particular through the Moraine Sweep leading up to the cheese bridge and the Carousel can carry much more speed than I think is actually possible even with the best of setups
Looks great though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back