video:
driver & little codriver

pictures: http://picasaweb.google.ro/Gaas35/RinoSeatPrezentacijaTest
pictures: http://picasaweb.google.ro/rinoreno/RinoseatRevolution

assembly from Sweden: http://teamxfr.org/temp/
review from Sweden: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=684459#post684459

videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=shoock123&p=v

video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AbfLCZ4QrS8 heel and toe technique
&my opinion about posibility of driving with heel and toe technique with Rinoseat + G25:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3664249&postcount=5

some reviews:
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showpost.php?p=3661616&postcount=41
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=684459#post684459
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=38375

my answer:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=683080#post683080

big thread (GENERAL PROMOTION):
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=304293

rinoseats_d.jpg

rinoseats_e.jpg

PICT0003_S.jpg

PICT0004_S.jpg

wheeladjust2.jpg

rinoseats11111.gif

...And it does one damn good effect - it transfers the FF efects right onto your body! Not all effects can be felt - going over the curbs is like-never-before, also hitting the wall - but thats not what we want...
...I also really liked the fact that you can feel the FF effects almost trough all your body. This brings in a new dimension in simracing, you can feel every bump, curb or reving the engine...
...I felt force feedback in my seat! Like i was driving a real car! I am g25 owner for a long time, and it is attached to my desk where it has no chance of moving.. that's why rinoseat felt great, because that pipe reacts slightly on strong pulling and strong effects... I must admit that it turns out to be biggest reason I liked it. That pipe and way rinoseat was designed is breakthrough in world of simeracing. Don't let something fool you around if you hadn't tried it! Feeling that I felt is hard to describe, it is really special. Don't think that you can brake or deform that pipe. I haven't seen a situation in which it could happen. I even tried my self to deform ti- result was moving whole seat with man sitting on it...

Yes, you can feel FF effect in your body. How is it possible?

The concept of stability is completely different from any other product. This is revolution in game chairs. Rinoseat stands on the floor in four points. There are two points on the back side (they carry 60% of gamer's weight), third one in the middle section (which carries 0%-40% of the user's weight) and the fourth point under the pedal (that one carries 40%-0% of user's weight).With weight distributed like this, pedal plates are loaded with max. 40% of user's weight and they safely stand on the floor. With asymmetric pressure on pedals (acceleration - brake), pedal plate mount is safely fixed to the floor. Middle section can change pressure to floor depending of user weight. Such construction, result that the middle section can vibrate a little. Vibration are produced by FF wheel, and are transfered through tube on your seat's base steel construction.

This is completly new dimension of pleasure in raceseat.

Additional option: Higher Shifter
g252_s.jpg

Rinoseat is totally different from any other raceseats, because we have been developing raceseat to improve driving experience and to improve the feeling of driving. For improving driving experience, we have many factors. Some of that are: foot pedal angle, seat base length, seat base angle, position of your crank, lumbar support, commodity, angle of your back... "Real" race seat is not good option for sim racer. Maybe for realistic look, or feeling of "siting", but for long long driving it is not a good solution. When we started Rinoseat project (2.5 years ago), we decided that we would make something completely different, something revolutionary. We do not want to copy other similar products. We have analized the market and we made construction and design priorities and developed Rinoseat through series of rigorous tests.

Richard Burns rally driven with Logitech G25 mounted on RinoSeat
video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1943396906755598644&hl=en

Richard Burns Rally tarmac stage Cote D'Arbroz driven with G25 mounted on RinoSeat. Car is Mitsubishi Lancer WRC.
video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=253663459746044674

Renato Markovic, dipl.ing.
owner & constructor
Rino Industries Ltd.
Zagreb CROATIA
reno@rino.hr
www.rinoseats.com

RINOSEAT REVOLUTION
THE KING OF SPEED & PLEASURE

Rinoseat New

Few pictures of new Rinoseat:

A14.jpg

A13.jpg

A12.jpg

A11.jpg

11.jpg

- only 10kg weight (aluminium tubes)
- folding seat + folding frame
- excellent ergonomics (shell seat is a size XL)
- steering wheel is absolutely rigid
- all cockpit is absolutely rigid
- excelent design (like real race car)
- many multi colors or all in one (black edition)
- you can adjust:
1. seat base angle
2. seat base height
3. wheel angle
4. wheel distance
5. wheel height
6. pedal angle
7. pedal distance
- many models: G25 Edition (with shifter holder), Fanatec Porsche Wheel Edition, XBOX Edition
- optional: keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, 3xmonitors holder

We will offer several different seats (F1, GT, NASCAR, SLR ...) with different styles of seating.

Soon: Upgrade for new Rinoseat to real home motion simulator (2DOF & 6DOF) with a very reasonable cost and incredible little weight.

Upvote 0
On Saturday I tried a new Rinoseat GTR and feeling is amazing,seating position is excellent and can be set in the perfect position for every driver (I'm 173 cm/80kg).
In my Alfa 156 I have Recaro but RinoGTR in my opinion much better and I asked Renato to make one RinoGTR for my car
biggrin.gif

My old Rinoseat (in which I drive more than 180 000 km) is going to retire but still as new (I bought it 17 Dec 2007).

Soon going in the sale but the price ranges from 270€ to 600€ + shipping, depending on add-ons that can be ordered (more will tell the dealer soon).
Here is some pics:

Attachments

• DSC00643.jpg
    DSC00643.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC00644.jpg
    DSC00644.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC00645.jpg
    DSC00645.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC00646.jpg
    DSC00646.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC00648.jpg
    DSC00648.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC00649.jpg
    DSC00649.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 807
Upvote 0
wouldnt it be good to have something like a side strut to prefent the wobblyness of the thing? if i look at the second movie of the last serie, it looks like its pretty easy to make those movement (and maybe not makig a noise is bad thing then). probably tip over at one point as the tubing is round.

but the movies make sure that its a solid thing, didnt expect that actually

Upvote 0
the test of wheel stability
made by sokko in this cockpit
PICT0037-1.JPG

copied here:

Last night I moved the monitor to our dining table. I even put white towel on the table with the wheel touching it to "amplify" wheel movement if there are any. I had to make the video with my Logitech webcam because handycam requires firewire which I dont have on my current setup. It would take another day to transfer it to computer.

The test was made with GTR2, NGT class - TVR 400 on Imola track. Forcefeedback settings are:
- effects: High
- strength: 90%

Video 1:

Video 2:

First video shows approx 2 laps around the track. I wasnt very gentle with the throttle to cause oversteering and wheel actions. Also, I tried to use curbs whenever I could to maximize vibrations. It is easier to look at the towel movements because whell seems rock solid.

Second video shows me shaking wheel stand with both my hands and all my strength. Yes, it moved but at that moment whole rig has moved because I moved my whole body.

Cockpit weight: only 10kg

SAM_0675_1.JPG

SAM_0681_1.JPG

SAM_0673_1.JPG

rin2.jpg

img3156852s.jpg

hpim1291ds.jpg

rin4.jpg

07072011362.jpg

img3156851s.jpg

rin5.jpg

rin1.jpg

rin3.jpg

Upvote 0
Rinoseat GTR Review

Forgive my bad english.

Rinoseat GTR Review

Introduction :

The Rinoseat GTR is the second product from Rino Industries. The first Rinoseat, which I owned before, were already a great quality frame, that's why I expected so much from this second try.
A bucket seat, no bar between legs, sturdy, many settings, large compatibility with most of driving wheels and pedals in the market as Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmasters, but also the SST lightning gear shifter and other, that's what purposes this brand new Rinoseat GTR.

sold from 279€ without shipping cost, does this Rinoseat GTR has what is needed to become a good choice next to its competitors as Playseat or Obutto? Let's see...

What is it :

The Rinoseat GTR is a simracing rig consisting of a seat mounted to an aluminum tubing frame. It's available in many versions, depending on which wheel and pedals you will mount on it : Logitech G25/27, Driving Force GT, Fanatec, Thrustmaster T500 RS ...
The price range is pretty large : 279€ for the basic G25/27 edition (without shifter stand) to 349€ for the G25/27 & Fanatec compatible version (with shifter stand). But many options can be bought separately : keyboard, mouse holder, screen and triple screen support, inverted pedals, pedals angle options, free choice of colours (2 max) ...
All those options are actually not available yet, but it will eventually will be in few weeks.

With a full option Rinoseat (except the screen stand, which we don't know prices yet), you will have to spend 618€ without shipping cost.
However, for an average of 300€, the Rinoseat GTR is not that much expensive regarding other similar products.

The Rinoseat GTR is announced as a very modular and sturdy frame. Let's check it out.

The order :

Let's begin by the worst thing : the order process and delays.
If you want to order the Rinoseat GTR, you have to contact Renato (the Rinoseat GTR creator) by email. There is no paypal option since Croatia doesn't have it as a payment process. You'll have to pay by Western Union or bank transfert.
The lack of website's quality is balanced by the reactivity and communication of Renato. He will clearly answer you usually within 48h.
Shipping cost is pretty expensive from 55€ to 180€ depending shipping type you'll choose. For instance, if you live in France your order can be delivered within 3 to 7 days by plane for 65€.
Delays are annonced to be 3 weeks, 2 weeks for treatment, and one week for shipping. Well, be aware that I waited almost 3 months, and many of Rinoseat GTR owners waited this time. I want to believe it's because we were the firsts customers, only time will tell. However Renato made this delays issue a top priority. Let's hope he'll find a solution.

The unboxing :

Your Brand new Rinoseat GTR is very carefully packed in a surprisingly small box, with a record low weight of 12Kg. All tubes except those for the seat are covered by a thick plastic film. About my order, everything arrived without any trouble, no worry to be about the packaging.
First we discover the seat cover, then all tubes which will be needed to built the Rinoseat GTR. Many small plastic bags with screws are there and each bag matches with a particular part of the built, which is an excellent idea. There is an allen keys play, so you won't have to buy some, which is also pretty good. However, there is no manual, Renato will send you it to you by email in PDF.
During this unboxing, you will notice the quality of the built, light tubes but very firms, a good paint job, this is some serious work.

The build :

You'll need a couple of hours to build the whole thing, even though it's pretty simple to put it all together. The manual is given in 2 parts, one for the seat, one for the frame. It would have been nice if it had been more detailed, but it should be clear enough to finish the build.
So you have to mount the seat first, pretty simple to do, but you will need a kind of rubber hammer. You have to be carefull to keep your fingers from injuries, but it should be ok. No info on how to put the seat cover though. Then you will mount the frame. It's the longest part, but even more simple to mount. Wholes placement is very accurate, there's no play between the different parts, all screws can be tightened with allen keys. Again, the quality is there and we already can tell the frame will be very sturdy.
To finish the build, you have to put the seat and the frame together, again, no information on how to do so. But it's pretty easy to understand how it works. In fact, the seat is mounted to a sort of sliders system. The frame of the seat is soldered to a cylinder, one left, one right, and there are 2 tubes mounted to the Rinoseat GTR frame which come in it. You will get it better with pics.

Now your Rinoseat GTR is completely mounted, you'll just have to mount you wheels, pedals, shifter to it. I personally have a Fanatec GT3 RS with Clubsport Pedals, and Fanatec Shifter set.

Settings :

There is an impressive number of settings in the Rinoseat GTR within a large range, even with the basic version. However, everything except the seat forward/backward setting will ask you to take tools out. Why? I thing it's to prevent any firmness issue. Renato had to do some compromises and I think he made the right choice.

Here is what you can do :

_depth of pedals
_left right position f pedals
_height of wheel
_depth of wheel
_wheel angle
_depth of seat
_height of shifter
_depth of shifter

What is unexpected is the only setting which doesn't need tools is the less convincing. Indeed the seat sliders are not so easy to use. If you want to go back you can stay on the seat, but if you want to go forward, you'll have to get out and push it, because the seat mounting is a little bit angled. Not a big matter though, but it had to be pointed.
So the Rinoseat GTR is very modular, so you can find the perfect position after some tries. I managed to get my wheels, pedals and shifter exactly where I wanted it to be.
But everything is not perfect, I would have liked an angle pedals setting in basic version (available as option), such as the seat. However the seat being a good replica of a racing bucket seat, it's understandable not to be angle modular.

(here are wholes which allow 3 angle positions for the wheel

(here is where you can set pedals depth)

(and the wheels height)

(and its depth. Don't bother the weak looking of this mounting system, it's perfectly sturdy!)

(sliders system)

(the shifter stand)

Time to play :

Now everything is mounted, set, we can finally seat in it. It's an easy task since there's no bar between legs. At first the seating position is pretty unusual, the bottom is very low, knees high, the back pretty straight, you won't feel as if you were in your "everyday's car". Indeed, the seating position is pretty much more a racing car driving position. But after getting used to it, you will feel very comfortable, and will notice it's pretty immersive.
Your legs will be free, there is space, your knees won't touch anything, you'll be able to show you "hell toe skills" to you friends without any problem.
But the best thing in this Rinoseat GTR is that despite its very low weight, it's amazingly sturdy. Nothing moves, neither the wheel, pedals or shifter. If you go too strong, you will brake your wheel not the Rinoseat. That's excellent.
A little word about esthetics : I find the Rinoseat GTR very good looking. The seat cover is very soft, the paint is very nice (mate looking paint), and the frame pretty discreete. Furthermore, the seat is great looking.
Last but not least big advantage of this Rinoseat GTR, it's not too big. It's one of reasons why I purchased this rig, and I have to say it's very easy to take it and move it where you need.
A little bad point to notice : the tube are in direct contact with the ground, it would have been nice to get some rubber or teflon pads. Aslo, there's no clamp to manage cables.

So this Rinoseat fullfils its purpose in a brillant way, without a doubt.

Conclusion :

Here is the end of this "little" review of the Rinoseat GTR. As I expected, it's an excellent product. Perfection doesn't exist, but we have to admit there are some excellent ideas in the Rinoseat GTR conception : light, small, very sturdy, modular, comfortable, everything you'll need to get the maximum pleasure of your favorites racing simulations. Another thing I didn't mention in this review is the evolutive potential of the Rinsoeat GTR. Thanks to Renato, you will benefit a very good support for your product. So the Rinoseat GTR will be compatible with future products (ex : Fanatec Clubsport Shifter and Handbrake). Another example : to my ask, Renato is making a special holder for my Frex H Shifter.
Unfortunately, there are some bad thing to point out : delays and shipping cost, also the seat sliders which are not se easy to use, and finally pedals angle which is not modular in basic version.
Although, when we balance everything, we have a very good product here. If you are ready to wait, you won't be disapointed.

Good :

_Very sturdy
_light
_modular
_comfortable
_very good looking
_excellent built
_doesn't take too much space
_price

Bad :

_delays
_shipping cost