• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Richard Burns Rally Lives On with New RBR 2016 Free Download

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 14, 2016.

1. WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Ratings:
    +121
    Not a good idea.

If I got the point you decide which (commercial) software could be pirated ?

There is absolutely no need for this mod.
    If someone wants to try out NGP@RBR, the easiest and most comfortable way is to visit the official NGP download page.

Using RBRCIT, our car installation tool, driving the most advanced rally sim available today is just a few mouse clicks away. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    The game is probably not sold in great numbers if any these days. In fact who does own the copyright these days? And I think there is a place for a mod that gives someone a better, clean version of RBR without having to faff about with complicated install routines. But I understand where you are coming from. He stole your work and changed it. Personally I think the changes have made it better. But I won't upload this mod anywhere, you can be assured of that.

And your bit about me deciding which software to pirate is a bit below the belt. I understand your reasons though. But surely with an old game like this you wouldn't or shouldn't be against anyone obtaining it in my opinion. After all you are quite happy to produce cars for RBR and I suppose you have obtained a licence from the manufacturers to do so?;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,525
    As far as I could get when I tried to figure it out, Square Enix.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Ratings:
    +121
    Well, actually I have never produced or modelled a car.
    I suppose that studying homologation papers, manuals and spare part catalogs, and combining this with more than two decades of engineering knowledge does not require some kind of license.
    BTW, no one ever paid me anything for fixing loads of bugs in that game, let alone the features I have added ...

5. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    Look, if you want gratitude, take mine.:) Thank you for fixing any bugs. But like most modders, you are quite welcoming to cars made by other modders (without manufacturers licence) for your NGP plugins but you make a quip about me possibly condoning pirating of an old possibly freeware game.
    Look I suppose many are grateful for what you have done but I honestly don't see the harm in allowing the RBR 2016 mod to be available. It's not as if it's for sale or that the game is owned by anyone these days. I think most rally sim fans would love to play the mod. And it wouldn't harm your reputation.

Hey Ole, I can't find any link to RBR with them. :cool:

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,525
    No link as in no place on their website, or any wiki-article mentioning it?

No link as in "I can't see the connection"? If so:

SCi games who was the publisher of Rally Championship and RBR bought Eidos Interactive, and merged. Eidos was later bought by Square Enix.
    When it comes to the source-code however, it's much harder to figure it out. As Warthog got bought by Tiger Telematics. They went bankrupt in 2006. It is mentioned that Carl Freer bought the Intellectual Property assets, with a mention of wanting to start up production of the Gizmondo game console again. But it is impossible to know if he also bought the rights to the games that they had the IP to, or just the console.
    If the devs were able to cling on to the rights to the games they made, it is a chance that it is the same guys that now work for TT Fusion who makes all the LEGO games nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    Thanks for that Ole.

Anyway, I love playing RBR 2016 MOD but lately SLRE is getting much more use. It is my new RBR for the moment.:thumbsup::) The physics are better in my opinion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Lexrax

Lexrax

Ratings:
    +42
    so no one going to even send me the RBR 2016 mod in private ?? or upload it some where *cough* *cough*

9. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    Too big for email I think and I only upload files here and I don't think RD would want that. I am not going to register on another upload site to be able to do so either. Sorry.

10. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +43
    Ive been assured that RBR is like the best rallying game ever so i tried to find it. Low and behold i cant because all the modders are taking some form of high stance against piracy and stealing (the irony).

Ah well, one less RBR player :(

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    No skin off our noses mate. But you can still buy it.

It's absolutely fantastic with the RBR 2016 mod. But I also have the vanilla game with the physics plugins and some small mods that add to the sim and that is brilliant too. Love it.:D
    [​IMG]

ps, Should we not be taking a high morale stance against piracy and stealing? I own the game from the day it was released so I personally do have a high morale stance on piracy. Don't you?

12. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +43
    I managed to find the vanilla version to download as i legit couldnt find a digital copy of it to actually buy so i could play it straight away (i honestly didnt look THAT hard).

I've followed a great guide to mod it with the "czech plugin" and a car installer called RBRCIT, got myself some tracks from a czech site and i must say, the feeling of driving is second to none. Really gotta be careful on gravel. I had to change the pacenotes to a nicky grist mod with numerical values as the default ones are TRASH.

I'll pay for games over piracy any day, much easier to download and play with no faffing, and multiplayer support and dev support. For a 20 year old game with no official support or anything, i think its murky water on whether its ok to download, so i took that option.

So add me in to RBR players. Not that you care anyway with all that skin on your nose.

13. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    Good for you matey. Well done.
    I just found 4 on ebay uk (pc versions) and 3 on amazon UK with just a quick 30 second search. ;):whistling: But then again I'm not lazy. :rolleyes:

I have a link to the forbidden 2016 RBR mod too but that skin on my nose has grown back. :D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +43
    I looked on Steam and thats it ;)

15. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    I see. No wonder. Any way if you do ever get the chance to try the RBR 2016 mod I am sure you will like the handling and the cars. :thumbsup:

16. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +43
    Not sure i'll download the whole 2016 mod, i'll stick with RBRCIT which has enabled NGP cars, and FixUp (whatever that does). Its great so far :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +35
    I'm still looking for a download link of the RBR+ 2016 mod; help is very much appreciated.

-Brett

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  18. Altarf82

Altarf82

Ratings:
    +0
    https://goo.gl/images/ZFDd34
    Up to you Andy
    it is for those who wanted the fresher version.
    take care

19. Altarf

Altarf

Ratings:
    +0
    DPfEf-3WkAADadM.jpg

20. Stalker22

Stalker22

Ratings:
    +11
    were i can find the last version?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.