RFT 2010 brake locking

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
Self-explanatory title, with ABS off. At full brake pressure, RFT 2010 cars lock up very easily. Other F1 mods don't have this problem.
How can I rectify this? I don't want to turn ABS on.

I haven't tried this mod, but it could be that you're using too much forward brake bias. Try moving it back a bit.
A lot of others mods that's a given basically. You press the brakes 100% - wheels lock up. Maybe they were aiming for that sort of realism ? No clue really.

just completed a season in F1RFT 2010 mod.. i adjusted the pressure to 75-80% and with a brake bias in range of 50:50 - 55:45
didnt have to face too much look up issues, but with a higher brake pressue, i would easily lockup..
but i guess, it also depends on your braking style..
are you a slammer or feather the brake pedals??

No-one? I need to implement this in A1GP 2010.
Too much brake locking, and too much wheelspin. It's got nothing to do with pedal pressure as other mods do NOT have this problem!!
If you look at F1 onboards from 2009 onwards you can clearly see that the drivers are able to slam the brake pedal, and the throttle to a lesser extent, without problems. With RFT 2010 physics you can just about go to 50% pressure before you get locking/wheelspin.
I really need to solve this!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back