Rfactor2 Test Season : Car Vote

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

its time to get the car settled for what we will be using in our test season, 4 choices...

Formula 2
Formula Renault 3.5
Formula ISI
Marussia

everyone gets 1 vote each, the vote will close in 1 week as we dont have a huge amount of time, if you havent voted by the time limit then sorry but if you want to participate you need to go with what is chosen, the voting process will be public as id like this to be purely presto members who decide on what we use, i'll count up at the end the amount of presto votes and we can work from there :)

one thing id like to mention is that remember when casting your vote that you can vote purely for personal reasons (i.e its the car your best with) but you can also vote on what you feel is appropriate for a group of mixed skilled individuals just starting out in a new sim (i.e what would have highest finishing rate, what would be easier for the group to learn)

the choice is yours but hopefully a bit of thought goes into your choice :)

I voted for the FR3.5 too.

I agree with David that it's a nice ambassador and learning step for rF2. On top of that, it's got quite a relaxed pace when you drive it compared to the FISI/Marussia, and does enable you to relax a little more. Which will probably be ideal for anyone who's not used to rF2, primarily the tire model.

The multi-layer tire thermodynamic simulation adds immediate consequences for tire abuse, like flatspots and surface overheating both leading to vicious cycles of tire destruction, whereas in Race 07 that's limited to long term effects of tire wear. It definitely takes time to learn how to drive it and how to work with it.

The multi-layer tire thermodynamic simulation adds immediate consequences for tire abuse, like flatspots and surface overheating both leading to vicious cycles of tire destruction, whereas in Race 07 that's limited to long term effects of tire wear.

Can I borrow that sentence for future discussions about this topic? Perfectly explains what I always wanted to say about this topic in one sentence :D

Damn was hoping for the skip barber ;):roflmao:
Will need to test them over the weekend if there is time for me to so it to see what's good but at the mo would go for f2 or f3.5 but will vote if it's still open once I have a go in them

is there any diference between Marussia and formula ISI ? I tried them both today and they seemed to be identical !

my vote goes to any of the 2 cars but not the formula Renault or f2 ,cause I agree with Valter here
Formula 1, that's the dream of every racing enthusiast.
I clicked on the formula ISI but not he marussia because I felt the inside of the cockpit looked better ..

is there any diference between Marussia and formula ISI ? I tried them both today and they seemed to be identical !

As soon as you get a good feeling for this 2 cars you will clearly see and feel the differences. The Marussia F1 hass less downforce, less mech. grip and also less topspeed. Also you can't set it up quite as agressive as an FISI since it will break traction easier for example.

The Formula ISI is about 2-2.5 seconds per lap faster btw

As soon as you get a good feeling for this 2 cars you will clearly see and feel the differences. The Marussia F1 hass less downforce, less mech. grip and also less topspeed. Also you can't set it up quite as agressive as an FISI since it will break traction easier for example.

After I fixed the locking up problem I tried both cars again today for few laps on Malaysia track and ur right, they do feel a bit different , I did 1.43.4 with Fisi and 1.45.2 with Marussia using drs, , I feel the Marussia car is between the Renault 3.5 and the FISI and might be the best choice to start with .

these cars with rF2 are amazing and I cant wait to start racing with them but the thing is the little free time I have allows me to focus on the next season with F3000 only so it will be very hard for me to join you during the test season , but I will still try:) .

I would like to change my vote to "Formula ISI"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back