RFactor Track Making Tips

Hi all,

Just was wondering if we could make a sticky for some track making tips.
First request I have is how to make dynamic shadows.

A while back, I made the Phoenix 91 track and somebody afterwards to it and made really nice shadows from the buildings that were cast onto the track afterwards, really nice. As I'm making an update of the track from a different year (89-90), I'd like to understand how to do this.

Feel free also to ask your questions, I use 3dsMax 2017 and 3dSimed, so whatever I can help with, I will.

Cheers.

Eric

Okay... let's take a step further: here's some eye candy:

Attachments

• GRAB_050.JPG
    GRAB_050.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 369
  • GRAB_302.JPG
    GRAB_302.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 416
  • GRAB_014.JPG
    GRAB_014.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 416
  • GRAB_143.JPG
    GRAB_143.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 380
Hi all,

Just was wondering if we could make a sticky for some track making tips.
First request I have is how to make dynamic shadows.

A while back, I made the Phoenix 91 track and somebody afterwards to it and made really nice shadows from the buildings that were cast onto the track afterwards, really nice. As I'm making an update of the track from a different year (89-90), I'd like to understand how to do this.

Feel free also to ask your questions, I use 3dsMax 2017 and 3dSimed, so whatever I can help with, I will.

Cheers.

Eric
Are you able to create tracks for rfactor from google maps?

lol you've come to the right person (maybe) as I just started (YESTERDAY) to get Lidar data for 2 tracks that I want to do. Now, I have to understand how to get the data into 3dsmax and how to use it properly so that my PC/GPU/CPU does not commit suicide if I want to zoom/pan lol.

This time I am doing 2 tracks in the USA, with a major update for Phoenix, but I'd like to not do everything for rfactor and move towards Assetto Corsa now as the cars are so much better than rf1 and rf2 combined (in my opinion).

I have seen you ask questions about Lidar data to make tracks like spa etc. But, if you want F1 tracks, why don't you just take the data from F1 2018 and use that info? (I hope what I'm saying is not leaching.... If it is, sorry).

The tracks from F1 2018 are just as good since I believe that they used Lidar data for all...

But believe me, track making is VERY VERY LONG to do, so I might have some time now, but in 3 months not. and a track takes maybe a year to do correctly.

Hello, I need help to know how to start making tracks, since I don't know much and I want to make tracks to run with friends on them or else for people to download and play. and also if anyone knows of any other program other than BTB to make tracks. sorry for the bad english, i had to use the translator

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back