rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Club Layout (race 1)

Qualy: took the pole but if i remember correctly it was very close.

Race: had a good start and was able to maintain P1 in front of Jarek then started the fight between me and @Jarek Kostowski dicing it out and swapping places for a few laps but while doing that it allowed @Franklin Stegink to close the gap and join the fight for a 3 way for a couple of laps until Franklin managed to pass Jarek and hold him of just enought for me to pull a gap in first place. Around lap 10 i made a mistake, took too much curb on the apex of turn 10 and the rear of the car slided a little too much and the rear wheels touch the grass on the exit unsettling the car and i went to grass at turn 11:unsure:. rejoin the race in 4th place. a lap later while chasing @Rupe Wilson and @Matej Lakota this happen (see video) just infront of me gifting me 2nd place, i'm still wondering how i avoided to crash into Rupe :confused:

after that i was too far from Jarek to catch him so i finished 2nd. it was a very fun and exciting race too bad i messed it up :roflmao:

GP layout (race 2)

Qualy: again took the pole but this time with a bigger margin.

Race: again had a good start and was able to stay infront of Franklin for the first few turn, from there i was able to pull up a gap lap after lap and took an easy win finishing something like 15 second ahead of Jarek in 2nd place.

thanks Rupe and Steven for this very fun event guy's :thumbsup::)

You was lucky Yves i was not :(
Going off track and and pulling back on right in front of on coming cars is not how we do it in this club. and not how we do it at RD
You must look before you just pull back on cars going through corners at speed cant just change direction to quickly,
im not saying you did it intentionally but please remember we do this for fun.
next time slow down and look, and when it is safe to return to the track then proceed to race again,

But all in all 2 great races and lots of fun. even better in 3D:O_o::O_o::O_o:
it just goes to show you don't have to be going at mach 3 with your wheels on fire to have fun..
some of the slowest cars produce the best racing.:)

I watched a part of the first race after I blew up my engine. I noticed several drivers with the wheels on the wrong side of the track. Due to my lack of talent I will never be as fast as you guys. But when I tried to race like this afterwards I managed to shave of a couple of seconds per lap. I suppose this is not the way to do it.

Rupe, that˙s your point of view and it is different than mine for sure. I was back on the track long enough, so you could easy avoid crash, but as the smoke shows, you started to brake just 10 metres behind me. But, OK. I would not even mentioned anything about that accident, if nobody else wouldn˙t.

I guess i was the lucky one again, as there was a timeframe of 2 or 3 laps in race 1 where everyone else of the top 5 spun. I wondered if there's oil on track somewhere :D.

Great racing, the battle for first in race 1 was crazy. Grats for your flawless win in race 2 @Yves Larose , i got caught up in more great battles but wasn't able to keep up anyway as the road was clear later on, was very inconsistent in the second race.

Let's not allow a minor incident to spoil what was a great evening.
@Matej Lakota you should have gone off the racing line as no one should have to brake hard because you did a mistake, from Rupe's point off view it looked like he hoped you'd see him coming and move to the right and he could go around you without messing up his pace. Which would be reasonable to assume ;).
I sometimes try to reenter in traffic too, but only if the situation allows it & to the very side of the track far from the racing line until i'm up to speed.

OK, maybe I was a bit to harsh in my comment and I agree, I could look back twice and made better mark, where Rupe was at that momemt. But I am still convinced, that accident wasn˙t 100% my foult. Well, I started it, but finish doesn˙t go fully on my account.

Anyway, sorry @Rupe Wilson for my angry post, that was unnecessary.

Denis, you also have a PM :).

And for all, who because low FOV also drive only with wirtual mirrors, change this two lines in your .PLR, so cars behind you will be shown in right distance ... I did that only yesterday :unsure:.

Rearview Height="11.00000" //<< This is the line used to adjust the mirrors FOV. Higher Numbers move wehicles farther back, lower numbers make vehicles appear closer
Rearview Cull="0" //<< Change this to 0 to force it to render all objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play