rFactor 2: Build 125 Released

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

rFactor 2: Build 125 Released

ISI released the newest beta version of their upcoming game rFactor 2 today but it's, according to Tim Wheatley, not an official one and thus the autoupdater might cause some trouble. This should, however, not affect any future updates.
This build may not be going on the auto updater AT ALL. We have effectively released an 'unofficial' build, you will be able to update from this to the next...​

Last edited by a moderator:
rF2's reason for resource hogging is the code to calculate the physics?

FFS, if that's the case no-one will get Assetto Corsa to run then, lol.

PCARS is in ALPHA/BETA, but at least opponent's cars show up as cars and not boxes.

For me, rF2 got the jump on quite few developers, but they seem to be slipping a few places down the pecking order as 2013 looms on the horizon.

That's just my best guess, of course. I've never had such problems, so it might be not enough RAM? 16GB are enough, that's one thing I know for sure - anything above 6GB should be sufficient tho. :)

Could also be your swap file, some games heavily rely on swap files instead of RAM. Black Ops 2 even crashed when I didn't have enough space for a 4GB+ swap file.

PCARS is in ALPHA/BETA, but at least opponent's cars show up as cars and not boxes.

For me, rF2 got the jump on quite few developers, but they seem to be slipping a few places down the pecking order as 2013 looms on the horizon.

That's just my best guess, of course. I've never had such problems, so it might be not enough RAM? 16GB are enough, that's one thing I know for sure - anything above 6GB should be sufficient tho. :)

Could also be your swap file, some games heavily rely on swap files instead of RAM. Black Ops 2 even crashed when I didn't have enough space for a 4GB+ swap file.
I don't get the black boxes (hardly play rF2) I was just making reference to what Kev Watts had posted.

:D

All PC racing titles I run perform OK, but I do have 12GB RAM (on Win 7 64Bit) so I guess that helps.

I was under the impression that games running dx11 would be more efficient than dx9 games, especially on current GPUs.

I was thinking that even though the difference in the gfx department wasn't very large there was a noticeable performance gain going from dx9 to 11.

Graphics aren't the reason for rF2 being a resource hog, I think. The physics require quite a lot of calculations I believe and it's still in beta after all. So stuff like the black box are only natural. :)

"FFS, if that’s the case no-one will get Assetto Corsa to run then, lol."

Are you writing code for ISI and Kunos? How do you know such a thing? OH yeah, you're talking out your fanboy arse.

I was sceptical of rF2 when it first launched but this week I installed Sebring and fired up the GT-R. It's mega. Granted, the car's graphics look pretty dire but Virtua_LM have done a great job on the track. Holding the car through the last turn, with it bouncing around and the tyres scrambling for grip makes for epic racing. I wonder if they'll move to DX11. Having said that, loving the lighting too at Sebring. I run 10 lap AI races at x15 :)

Reactions: Tom

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back